Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

January MTTs & TCOOP blog

Old
Red face
January MTTs & TCOOP blog - Thu Dec 26, 2013, 03:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
I'll document my January grind here

Have been busy zooming lately to get to SN, but now I will return to the lolzy land of MTTs and try to bink over 9000!

My starting roll will be a few thousand dollars, and I'll be playing solely on Stars. Programs used: HEM2, Pokerstove

Goals:
$5k+ profit
FT a TCOOP

Still waiting for TCOOP schedule to be released, but I'll be sticking mostly to the <$300 games, with a possibility of playing the main event ($700) if the roll is up. Will also probably play lots of deadline satties, as they are really +ev to play.

I'll post updates and interesting hands in this thread.

Stay tuned !

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 01:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2011
Hey man, good luck with your goals! I think at you everything it will turn out and you will reach at least two final tables on TCOOP! And again congrats with your supernova!
What about new year? Whether there is any purpose generally?
Write more, i will be glad to esteem. I am MTT player and further also i plan to play expensive MTTs.

Good luck at the tables!

S-G

Old
Sun Jan 12, 2014, 04:52 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-glory View Post
Hey man, good luck with your goals! I think at you everything it will turn out and you will reach at least two final tables on TCOOP! And again congrats with your supernova!
What about new year? Whether there is any purpose generally?
Write more, i will be glad to esteem. I am MTT player and further also i plan to play expensive MTTs.

Good luck at the tables!

S-G

Thankyou

Update:
This is on! I'm super excited. Nearly sold out a $3.6k package on another site and I've put up a $1.8k package here (fingers crossed it sells !)

Gives me enough funds to play at least 35 of the 50 TCOOPs! It's gonna be some serious alarm setting and scheduling! No more staying up late, I gots me a regular job! For 11 days

I've been preparing mentally for TCOOP for months now, and hopefully I can make everything come together nicely in 2 weeks and make everyone some money

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 01:32 PM
(#4)
After a bit of an unsure start, not unexpected really, my stake has now sold over a third of the available shares. This is good news and hopefully others will follow suit (spades if possible, i'll accept hearts and clubs ! ! )

I've also looked more carefully at the Premier League. I'm trying to qualify for it this month through the $1.10 satties. After 5 games I'm ranked 156th so I'm waiting and seeing what happens and whether I need to play any more qualifiers. I'm not sure how much volume is needed to have a chance at the top 10 once playing the league, but if I think it's attainable then I might try volume grinding the league in Feb.

I've been playing lots of the PSO TCOP games, they're good practise for the real TCOOP except with much smaller fields and more awesome players.

Really looking forward to TCOOP, counting the days

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 10:14 AM
(#5)
I just got an email from stars with my december 2013 stats and I thought Id share them here

December 2013 in Review

Cash game hands 121947
Sit & Go tournaments 309
Scheduled tournaments 48

I didn't actually know how many zoom hands I'd played, since I was on another computer while fixing my normal one. December was tiring for me, I was frantically trying to reach nova and cash was the quickest way.

This month I expect the stats to end up looking something more like this:
Cash game hands <1k
Sit & Go tournaments unsure, maybe <200 as i'll be playing 180s and not 6max hypers
Scheduled tournaments 400? again unsure

Might not even reach the required VPPs for nova this month but I'm not too bothered about that, playing well and trying to make money is the goal for January.

Old
Tue Jan 21, 2014, 03:31 AM
(#6)
Ooof. Not long to go til TCOOP now. Playing all 4 games on the first day, gonna be a hoot

Currently got some free time, it's 8:30am here and i'm not keen on the morning MTTs.

I am writing a useful blog post for PSO (on my personal blog) - it will cover some tips on how to crush satellites, hopefully y'all can satty into the TCOOP and play with me

That blog will be submitted soon, check it out when it pops up later

Old
Tue Jan 21, 2014, 05:26 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
gl gl mister supernova :P cant wait to see you win that tcoop

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 21, 2014, 05:41 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adohole View Post
gl gl mister supernova :P cant wait to see you win that tcoop
which one? i plan on winning at least 20 of them

im still writing my blog post, its taking forever due to it being a 10000000 word essay, not for the faint hearted

heck, i probably wouldnt read it myself. TL;DR

Old
Tue Jan 21, 2014, 11:47 AM
(#9)
MTT satty tips

I have band practise tonight and a blocked left ear. Should be interesting
2 more sleeps until TCOOP

it's like christmas but more exciting ! !

MTTs played today: 1 , hot 3.30 for daily challenge

ciaociao

Old
Tue Jan 21, 2014, 11:57 AM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2011
Awesome Blog !!!! Great advice there so I subscribed to make sure I don't miss anything :P

Extra Large slice of triple MILK chocolate cake on its way

Old
Tue Jan 21, 2014, 12:06 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntyrae View Post
Awesome Blog !!!! Great advice there so I subscribed to make sure I don't miss anything :P

Extra Large slice of triple MILK chocolate cake on its way
omnomnom chocolate cake makes the world go round
thx aunty

Old
Wed Jan 22, 2014, 11:31 AM
(#12)
Since: Apr 2011
Congrats on your Blog getting a Big Bang Stamp

Old
Wed Jan 22, 2014, 12:13 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntyrae View Post
Congrats on your Blog getting a Big Bang Stamp
thanks, flanflanflan

24 hours to go til TCOOOOOOOOP

Old
Wed Feb 05, 2014, 04:58 AM
(#14)
wat is TCOOP??

Went epically bad , but I'm happy with how I played.

Didn't get great MTT volume in in January, gonna try and grind some low stakes mtts/satties to bigger mtts/8-11$ 180s

Also I have plenty of time to prepare for SCOOP, which is better value and less risky than TCOOP. i still dont know wat tcoop stadn for.

P.S. i have a new blog post coming out soon regarding mathematics and poaker.

Last edited by ouchbadbeat; Wed Feb 05, 2014 at 05:00 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com