Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

AJs 25c 45 man

Old
AJs 25c 45 man - Thu Dec 26, 2013, 06:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Guys,

Should I lay this down on the River? Villain's stats were 23/12AF=3 and WTSD=30% (40 hands). I had put in 40% of my stack but felt I was beat and still had a workable stack if I folded.

Is folding the turn an option? a near pot size bet looks strong and unlikely a non Ace flush draw. I don't think I beat much on the River. I'd expect at least AQ/AK and more likely 2 pair+, although I might be giving too much credit, at these stakes you never know

Thanks

Last edited by DasherF78; Thu Dec 26, 2013 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: wrong hand attached

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 07:37 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
If you're willing to call the turn bet, why not raise the flop?

I'd make the preflop more than a min raise, but that is not likely to change this hand.

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 04:30 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi DasherF78

I think that our decision to call the turn is a mistake. I feel as if we ought to either go all in or fold. Villain is showing a tremendous amount of strength when he pots it on the turn but perhaps he's done this before with draws or even weak top pair hands and if this is the case then we ought to be going all in on the turn but if he is playing fairly passive then we ought to be folding.

If we're calling the turn we got to call the river imo as it's the safest card in the deck for us.
Without reads I would assume that villains range tends to be on the stronger side, I'd expect to see aces up more often than not but I wouldn't count out hands like J10 and spade draws.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 06:55 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Thanks Guys

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com