Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10nl cash game. AA on KK6 board

Old
10nl cash game. AA on KK6 board - Thu Dec 26, 2013, 09:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
am i turnin my hand into bluff my CBing this flop? shouldnt it be better to check behind and bet OTT so oponent thinks i dont have K and will call with some idk.. TT's?

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 11:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I'd 3Bet slightly bigger PF, I see no reason why you should go less than 3x as I think villain is just as likely to call $0.90 as he is $0.80.

That extra $0.20 can have an exponential effect after two or three betting rounds making it easier for you to go all in by the river if you want.

A bluff is where you want better hands to fold - this is NEVER going to happen in this case so you aren't turning your hand into a bluff.

You are just firing a normal Cbet to represent strength but in this case you are also betting for value. Pocket pairs between 66-QQ will call at least one and maybe all three streets of betting. He may also have a flush draw maybe with Ah. You might even get calls from random high cards from a particuarly fishy calling station who wants to see what you do.

I think on this flop I would CBet all my 3Betting range (probably including KK) whether I like the flop or not, so I have to bet my bluffs and strong hands the same way.

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 12:05 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
I'd 3Bet slightly bigger PF, I see no reason why you should go less than 3x as I think villain is just as likely to call $0.90 as he is $0.80.

That extra $0.20 can have an exponential effect after two or three betting rounds making it easier for you to go all in by the river if you want.

A bluff is where you want better hands to fold - this is NEVER going to happen in this case so you aren't turning your hand into a bluff.

You are just firing a normal Cbet to represent strength but in this case you are also betting for value. Pocket pairs between 66-QQ will call at least one and maybe all three streets of betting. He may also have a flush draw maybe with Ah. You might even get calls from random high cards from a particuarly fishy calling station who wants to see what you do.

I think on this flop I would CBet all my 3Betting range (probably including KK) whether I like the flop or not, so I have to bet my bluffs and strong hands the same way.
u want to get AI by river on this board? isnt it easy for him to just have K and stack u off ?
note that we are 200BB deep so u dont mind stacking it here? or even OTF? what efective stacks should we have to not stack off OTF/or by the river (if not flushs comes )?

Old
Sun Aug 10, 2014, 08:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2014
In this situation knowing your villain is very helpful. i prefer checking on the flop and cbetting turn or calling turn to a bet . villian will fire out the turn a heavy % off the time. he will fire most of his PP and bluff far too much on the turn. by checking you get value from bluffs. you need to think how many streets of value you will get here from worse hands. if you feel you can get 2 streets from PP i like checking the flop.and calling 2 streets or betting 2 streets. obv some situations he may get there with FD or making a full house but playing the hand this way i think is the most +ev.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com