Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

1.10 1.5Gtd shove pocket KK

Old
1.10 1.5Gtd shove pocket KK - Thu Dec 26, 2013, 09:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
UTG: 77.01 BB (VPIP: 28.36, PFR: 16.42, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 67)

3-bet 1800 takes 1/3 of my stacks so i think this shove is ok.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=80B0AE12E3

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 06:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
i would personaly rais to 2.5x his raise. his raise was already big no need to go 3x over it. further if he flats kk plays really wel post flop so shoundt be to afraid to play post flop. and finaly if somebody flats behind you there are probably just losing there money with a really bad play. just in the rare occasion a faltter has aa there your srcewed but further the guys i probably just spewing money there. hope this helps :P

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 07:03 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2013
I would likely raise to around 1450 and give someone the chance to come over the top.

Don't like the shove, you are not shallow enough to make it look like a short stack shove and it just stinks of strength. I want to win a big pot with KK if possible not scare everyone off.

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 07:35 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sapines1001!

With KK, I get a larger than normal raise to 600 in front of me (a standard raise for this bling level is to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper or 500).

The stat that I would look at for the opp is how often they call a 3-bet, not how much they 3-bet themselves. I'm definitely going to raise here and I'd use that stat to help determine my play. I'm either going to raise to just under a pot-committing bet (1500) or I will shove.
However, I'm only going to shove if I think the opp is almost guaranteed to call. If their call a 3-bet number is very high, then I'll be happy to shove.
Otherwise, I'm going to 3-bet to 1500 and get it in on any flop that does not contain an ace. If I get an A on the flop, I'll have to re-evaluate based on the opp's bet.

In this type of situation, I'd much rather shove though, than to bet too small and give the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me (lower than 1500).

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com