Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

Poker Tracking Software

Old
Poker Tracking Software - Thu Dec 26, 2013, 06:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013
Hi everyone,

I'm new around here so I didn't know where to post this but have been playing poker for a while hence my SilverStar but have experienced a few losses of my bankroll.

I wouldn't say I'm a bad player, in fact I would say I'm pretty good but I always seem to struggle with my Bankroll management and move up too quickly and end up going into $100+ HU Hypers when I'm on tilt and loosing the lot to a horrible bad beat but from now on this won't happen.

I will be starting a challenge blog on this site and will be updating it regularly during the new year and hoping to go from $150 to $20k which may seem extreme but I play a lot and if I maintain good bankroll management I think it's possible.

First of all, I'm trying to figure out what the best poker tracking software is before I start my blog.

Thanks,
Ash

PS. This is also a sort of introduction thread so if you want to pop in to say hello it would be appreciated would be nice to make some friends who play online poker as well.

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 10:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
** moved to Poker Software & Hardware **

Hi,
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO.
Feel free to look around the forum and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club.
Information on how to join the club may be found HERE.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Thu Dec 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM..

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 10:59 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ash1591!

To use bankroll management, you need to have 100 buy-ins in your bankroll before playing a given game.

If you're starting with $150, then you can only play $1.50 or lower tourneys.

For tracking software, the two most common are pokertracker and holdemmanager.... it's personal preference as to which one you like better.

Good Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 04:23 AM
(#4)
Hi John & Hoky!

John regarding your answer on Bankroll do you think this applies for all games because I have varied my bankroll management for different games I play.

Also do you think these tools are necessary for playing poker online or not?

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:16 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2013
hm2/pt are your eyes and ears, for when your real eyes and ears are too busy playing poker to make complex calculations about what % of the time they did what

HUDs are super useful and while not needed, i think they will improve anyone's performance if used correctly

[expanded]
you also need to study the HUD and make sure you understand what the stats mean in regards to how people are playing, and also how to adjust to those stats to get maximum value from different types of player

Get HUD -> Understand HUD -> React to players with help from HUD

ie theres no use just having a HUD if you cant understand it AND adjust your play from it

Last edited by ouchbadbeat; Fri Dec 27, 2013 at 05:19 AM..

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 09:26 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Having a HUD is not a necessity for playing online. I recently purchased PT4, but until a couple months ago, I never used one (well over 5 years of playing). Until you learn all the basics and how to apply them, a HUD will probably just confuse you. Learning the basic keys is much more important.

With regard to bankroll management, YES, this holds for ALL games. If you try to vary it, that's where players end up going broke. If I'd be playing hypers, I may want even more than 100 buy-ins. I do not drop below 100 buy-ins for anything.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 12:13 PM
(#7)
I was thinking maybe vary for like the big/hot MTTs to allow for more than my bankroll originally would allow for because I find these enjoyable and beneficial to my game.

Also can you use these "HUD" software tools for multi-tabling? Also what does HUD stand for sorry if that's a noob question.

Also hi ouchbadbeat thanks for the input

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 12:33 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2012
For a bankroll guide i ALWAYS abide by this gem of a blog - **deleted link to competing forum per TOS JWK24**
And for moving up the limits and taking shots this article is very good, scroll down to the blended bankroll approach, its very good for taking shots, if you dont understand it pm me and i,ll explain better - **deleted link to competing forum per TOS JWK24**

Last edited by JWK24; Fri Dec 27, 2013 at 01:19 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 12:41 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactPoint View Post
For a bankroll guide i ALWAYS abide by this gem of a blog - **deleted link to competing forum per TOS JWK24**
And for moving up the limits and taking shots this article is very good, scroll down to the blended bankroll approach, its very good for taking shots, if you dont understand it pm me and i,ll explain better - **deleted link to competing forum per TOS JWK24**
Thanks a lot will give this a proper read when I get enough time, when I get a minute I will write what I was going to originally consider as my bankroll requirements for each game.

Last edited by JWK24; Fri Dec 27, 2013 at 01:20 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 01:10 PM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2011
That's a great article Impactpoint.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 01:21 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2012
If you want the links pm me ash - unfortunatly its been deleted by the mods - sorry.

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 01:21 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ash!

HUD stands for Heads Up Display.

I definitely would NOT use the HOT/HOTTER for less buy-ins... they will have more in them, so more variance. If anything, I'd want more buy-ins for these too, but 100 BI should suffice.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Hi all - Sat Feb 22, 2014, 08:31 PM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2013
I've been playing poker for a while hope to make 10k if possible but maybe not. What software update do I need

Old
Software/HUD - Mon Mar 31, 2014, 10:43 PM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2011
Hi Ash ,I use Tornament Indicator (similar toi HM2/PT4) i prefer it for many reasons ,1st its easy to use and set up plus the dash board is great and the videos available from Marty Smith are fun.I can give you a link for a free trial and also if you use that link and purchase because you are a PSO member I will credit your PokerStars account with $20 back IF you purchase with link
If you want the link or have any questions please PM me or even better,and faster tweet me @LostInPoker
Regards
brettnz
@LostInPoker
ps cant put link here as it against PSO standing rules

Double Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com