Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

sexy hand!!! if u know wut i mean

Old
sexy hand!!! if u know wut i mean - Fri Dec 27, 2013, 04:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
what villain possibly had? would he stack off if i take another line ? should i bet smaller river?
to me it looks like missed flushdraw or something like K8 or K5 which also missed , so only option is to check and let them bluff what they wont since i bet pot 3way 2times ....
so i can only hope to get called by slowplayed straight(which isnt very likely.. or slowplayed 44's)

anyway i decided to jam it OOP OTR to look like i missed my nut flush draw i.e and using my previous strength image to steal it from middle-strength hands..

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 08:31 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2012
SilverStar
check river villain more likely to bet than call a bet in this spot with the line you've taken.

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 08:58 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbalerv View Post
check river villain more likely to bet than call a bet in this spot with the line you've taken.
i guess so, but when u potbet OTT and OTF they will give u credit for stronk hand and check behind even missed draws

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 09:49 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturoSasuki View Post
i guess so, but when u potbet OTT and OTF they will give u credit for stronk hand and check behind even missed draws
So if they were going to check behind their missed draws, air etc.

What did you shove to get called by?

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 10:57 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
So if they were going to check behind their missed draws, air etc.

What did you shove to get called by?
shove looks more bluffy then check/smallbet , if he would put me on missed AQs , he would just call call w/ 88's to see if board still safe..
but idk, dont expect to get called by much so checking could be better but idk lulz mb some 88 or TT

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 11:51 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi,

Fold preflop.

Check flop.

As played bet turn is good, check river is probably better readless... bombing river doesn't look like a busted draw it looks like 44 or 77 value betting. checking looks more like a draw that's giving up or a hand like A7/87/97 that is no longer happy with the situation, in a vacuum they are probably likely to bet TT more often than call with it. When you decide to start gathering reads you can make more informed decisions.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 12:41 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi,
... When you decide to start gathering reads you can make more informed decisions.
Please listen to this. Absent reads advice is very general. The more information you supply the better feedback you'll receive in return. It's well worth the time invested.

Remember, poker is about situations and cards are not the biggest part of the situation.

Good decisions are +EV!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com