Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Idea: Cash hand analysis cap

Old
Idea: Cash hand analysis cap - Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Just an idea...

I think some 'new' members are taking advantage of the cash analysis forum. Some members are posting a ridiculous amount of (largely similar) hands every day, which clog the forum and prevent a lot of members discussing a few hands in a lot of detail.

'Set over set lulz' and 'laggy style 24s utg haha :P' are really getting annoying and i'd rather people at least limit their posts to 2 or so hands a day.

Looking down the forum threads I can see 15/20 of the hands being from the same member.

There also seems to be a trend of posting hands to brag (?) and not taking any of the previous hands' advice given on board.

I'm not sure if there is an incentive (i'd assume there is) for hand analyzers to analyse hands, but for the rest of us who want to look through a few interesting hands, it's getting tiresome scrolling through pages of the same members hands'.

Regards,
birdayy

Last edited by birdayy; Fri Dec 27, 2013 at 06:41 AM..

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2013
i have no idea who u talking about, lulz

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Fri Dec 27, 2013 at 05:26 AM..

Old
Wink
27 offsuit in omaha ? ? ? misclick fold ? ? omg - Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
omg

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:38 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2012
nh ouchbadbeat.

On a serious point, I again find myself in agreement with birdayy on something, if it wasnt obvious who I was referring to in my thread a few days ago about the ignore option then my posting in this thread should clarify things.

Since the name change NaturoSasuki seems to have found a new lease of life in the HA forum to the point where it is essentially spam. Most of the hands are very straightforward with little differences in them. I repsect the fact that every hand in poker is played differently from every other hand but I dont think every hand deserves a new thread.

Maybe, a better idea would be for these hands to be saved, and a live training done on them where serious in depth analysis can be done on general trends.

It is increasingly tiresome having to read through 40 odd NaturoSasuki threads before getting to hands where reads are given and questions about specifics are asked.

I appreciate that some of my hands at straightforward when I post them, but I post one or two, and am generally looking for specific analysis on some part of the hand. Though sometimes I just felt uneasy about how I played a hand and want to see if I butchered it or did ok.

I've nothing at all against the poster in question but yeah, its tiresome.

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:42 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
nh ouchbadbeat.

On a serious point, I again find myself in agreement with birdayy on something, if it wasnt obvious who I was referring to in my thread a few days ago about the ignore option then my posting in this thread should clarify things.

Since the name change NaturoSasuki seems to have found a new lease of life in the HA forum to the point where it is essentially spam. Most of the hands are very straightforward with little differences in them. I repsect the fact that every hand in poker is played differently from every other hand but I dont think every hand deserves a new thread.

Maybe, a better idea would be for these hands to be saved, and a live training done on them where serious in depth analysis can be done on general trends.

It is increasingly tiresome having to read through 40 odd NaturoSasuki threads before getting to hands where reads are given and questions about specifics are asked.

I appreciate that some of my hands at straightforward when I post them, but I post one or two, and am generally looking for specific analysis on some part of the hand. Though sometimes I just felt uneasy about how I played a hand and want to see if I butchered it or did ok.

I've nothing at all against the poster in question but yeah, its tiresome.
u miscounted, its 42 threads
i tried to post them all in one thread but then they told me to post every hand in seperate thread even if 1337 threads

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:44 AM
(#6)
Since: Mar 2013
solution... obvious troll hand analysis posts to be ignored/moved to bad beat forum/deleted
serious hand analysis posts can stay

umad

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:48 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturoSasuki View Post
u miscounted, its 42 threads
i tried to post them all in one thread but then they told me to post every hand in seperate thread even if 1337 threads
I didnt waste time counting

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:49 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
I didnt waste time counting
neither did i

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 06:25 AM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2013
I think everybody (except the person this is about) agrees with birdayy on this.

In stead of moving hands to an other forum, maybe a "Like / dislike" voting-system would work.
Hands with lots of likes are interesting, hands like 5-7 suited that has a big chance (18% ?! ) of winning will be disliked a lot.

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 06:32 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
I think everybody (except the person this is about) agrees with birdayy on this.

In stead of moving hands to an other forum, maybe a "Like / dislike" voting-system would work.
Hands with lots of likes are interesting, hands like 5-7 suited that has a big chance (18% ?! ) of winning will be disliked a lot.
AA boring, everyone will like J7 soooooO0o0ted

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 08:16 AM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2013
+1 To birdayy's idea.
One of the reason I am posting way less often than before is that the hands that are being posted are a lot similar, or their existence is to brag or whine about a beat.
I am not saying that interesting hands aren't being posted, because they are, but the quantity of interesting hands is getting lower in the hand analysis forum, at least in my opinion.

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 08:25 AM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2013
Hear Hear!

Let's have some quality not quantity.

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 09:29 AM
(#13)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danutz75 View Post
Hear Hear!

+1

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 09:50 AM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
+1000

I think that we have great Hand Analyzers here at PSO but we also need to remember that these are real people with real lives and families etc. They simply cannot reply to every hand that gets posted but will reply to hands that are deemed to genuinely ask a serious question on Poker strategy and education.

We have in the past moved hands that didn't fall into the category to either the 'Brags' or 'Bad Beat' section and we will continue to do this in the future at the discretion of the PokerSchoolOnline Team whose decision will be final.

I think we all can can appreciate this but remember that the reason we are all here is to imporve and get better at playing the game so number one is that we respect all our posters here both old and new.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 09:50 AM
(#15)
I also agree about quality instead of quantity

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 09:52 AM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Just an idea...

I think some 'new' members are taking advantage of the cash analysis forum. Some members are posting a ridiculous amount of (largely similar) hands every day, which clog the forum and prevent a lot of members discussing a few hands in a lot of detail.

'Set over set lulz' and 'laggy style 24s utg haha :P' are really getting annoying and i'd rather people at least limit their posts to 2 or so hands a day.

Looking down the forum threads I can see 15/20 of the hands being from the same member.

There also seems to be a trend of posting hands to brag (?) and not taking any of the previous hands' advice given on board.

I'm not sure if there is an incentive (i'd assume there is) for hand analyzers to analyse hands, but for the rest of us who want to look through a few interesting hands, it's getting tiresome scrolling through pages of the same members hands'.

Regards,
birdayy
Yh i thought your hand posted had some interesting spots to be discussed and then it got lost in page 2.

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#17)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
+1000

I think that we have great Hand Analyzers here at PSO but we also need to remember that these are real people with real lives and families etc. They simply cannot reply to every hand that gets posted but will reply to hands that are deemed to genuinely ask a serious question on Poker strategy and education.

We have in the past moved hands that didn't fall into the category to either the 'Brags' or 'Bad Beat' section and we will continue to do this in the future at the discretion of the PokerSchoolOnline Team whose decision will be final.

I think we all can can appreciate this but remember that the reason we are all here is to improve and get better at playing the game so number one is that we respect all our posters here both old and new.

Cheers,
Raiser
+1000 Thanks Paul.

The sentiments in this thread are shared by many... I would never want a new player to the game to feel uncomfortable posting a hand they might think is simple or something, I would encourage all to remember, no matter where we are on the learning curve today, we were all that new player once. So I can assure you that I and the rest of the hand analyzer team are happy to reply to beginner level questions and encourage new players to actively post.

That being said, I agree that there comes a time when having the same poster flood the forum with the same genre of hand, with no read and no serious question, where it becomes too much... we don't want the membership turned off from the HA forums because they are being flooded/dominated by a small group (or 1) poster. I would hesitate to put a numeric limit on daily posting, but clearly there is some point that is over the top. An obvious example would be if someone played a 500 hand session of 6-max zoom with a VPIP of 22%, then opened 110 threads for all the hands they played in the session. I would consider that not only over the top, but a trolling of the forum (if they actually wanted a review of their play in the session from forum members, they could put all the hands in the replayer and post it outside of the HA forum, because the HA's will not be going through 110 of their hands in a day... but anyone who feels so inclined could have a look then. They could also have such a review of their session available to them through the avenue of a Live Training review).

So, we will scrutinize this closer going forward and as per royalraise's post, we'll be more active in moving bad beats, brags, and non-serious posts (from an education standpoint) to more appropriate places. There is actually very little that has gotten moved out of the HA forums in the past... I hope we can all respect the intent of these forums going forward and keep it that way.

Regards,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 10:43 AM
(#18)
Since: Sep 2010
I think it's good that new members are posting hands for the hand analysis section and people should not usually be discouraged from doing so.

However Naturo is posting the same sort of hands repetitively and doesn't seem to be taking our advice on board.

When I post hands for review, they are hands that I've marked from a previous session that I was unsure of or felt I didn't play well. I typically have anywhere between 5-20 hands marked and from these I try to analyse the play by myself first. If I think it's clear how I could've improved my play, I will remember that and not post on here.

However if there is a spot where I feel that my understanding is wrong, or I'm really unsure about the best play, I'll either post on here or ask someone about it.

I wouldn't really be in favour of a cap but I would just encourage people to think about why they are using the Hand Analysis forum. If they are not going to take the advice on board, then what is the point of posting? If you want to show a bad beat or an awesome slowplay, put it in the Bad Beat/Brag section as appropriate.

PS My post was written before seeing Dave's post

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 12:58 AM
(#19)
Since: Aug 2013
As a suggestion, with not trying to limit/restrict posters with valid HA requests...

How about, ensuring a min. pre-requisite information supplied and adhered to, in the thread (including the title) as per the sticky. If not all the info is supplied, then the HA's can mark the thread as incomplete, and won't be looked at until all the info is supplied.

Similar to what I have seen what happens in the Staking threads, where they are shutdown completely.

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 11:00 AM
(#20)
Since: Oct 2013
Quote:
Hear Hear!

Staph it, where do I post my cash hands

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com