Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

good turn bluff on piared board

Old
good turn bluff on piared board - Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
people like to bet/reraise OTF these spots so much... so i decided to let him bluff and float and x-raise him allin OTT if i hit my straight/flush draw... that way even if he calls with K i have outs... but he just double-barelled as i expected
and i was also preflop UTG raiser so that kinda played into my image that i slowplayed K

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 10:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
This is bad.

He's committed almost half his stack and you expect him to fold if you jam?

You got lucky that he folded this time. You are gonna bleed money if you keep opening these speculative hands UTG, but I guess there isn't much chance of convincing you otherwise because you'll just post another thread tomorrow about '57 sooooooteeedd lol haha :P'

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 11:00 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
This is bad.

He's committed almost half his stack and you expect him to fold if you jam?

You got lucky that he folded this time. You are gonna bleed money if you keep opening these speculative hands UTG, but I guess there isn't much chance of convincing you otherwise because you'll just post another thread tomorrow about '57 sooooooteeedd lol haha :P'
Have u seen the future?
just played exactly 57 sooted and was about to post it lulz :P

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 12:50 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Congratulations! You played poorly on every street.

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 01:01 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
thanks thanks, autographs exclusively at the airport only!

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Fri Dec 27, 2013 at 01:03 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 01:19 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
+10000
Couldn't of played it poorer

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 02:25 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
***Moved to Brags***

You hit runner runner to take the pot down but not much else to say really about this hand. Nice pot to take down. Did you have specific reads on your opponent here to check-call the flop?

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:07 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2013
Shoving the turn with 75 sooted with no made hand is like giving Justin Beiber a new set of crayons and a colouring book.

You just know things are going to get messy.

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 04:48 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
***Moved to Brags***

You hit runner runner to take the pot down but not much else to say really about this hand. Nice pot to take down. Did you have specific reads on your opponent here to check-call the flop?

Raiser
lulz n0!
i just know that they wont be foldin flop too much, so i rather float and bluff turn(if i improve my equity OTT ), lulz :P
+ it lets them bluff into pot , but if i just bet then they will easily fold and not invest any money in pot (OOP u can take money mostly just by check-raising + it looks more stronger than direct bet )

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com