Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Fri Dec 27, 2013, 01:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
Hello everybody,

I'm new to PokerSchoolOnline and I would like to take part in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 07:05 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by quratos View Post
Hello everybody,

I'm new to PokerSchoolOnline and I would like to take part in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 08:16 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello quratos,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After watching this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
AhKs in UTG position - Sun Dec 29, 2013, 06:57 PM
(#4)
Hello again,

I have passed the Poker Basic Couse and played some "Play Money Full Ring No Limit Hold'em".
Here is a hand I won a particularly big pot but I also got some questions regarding my play:

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

To begin with, I think AK is a reasonably good hand in early position but after reading the bet sizing lesson I guess betting 5BB without any information is a mistake.
After the flop I had top pair with top kicker and there were no draws at the moment so I was betting, then again the bet sizing was a bit too small.
On the turn I still had top pair and I wanted to stay aggressive (bet size too small again), after the raise I thought that the opponent wouldn't have a straight, cause he wouldn't be in the game anymore with QT. He could have had two pair by now, but having a nine kicker in the first place isn't helpful either, so I did not credit him two pair.
When the river was shown there was no straight/flush and I still have top pair top kicker so might as well bet the little rest.

Old
Mon Dec 30, 2013, 12:31 PM
(#5)
Hi quratos,

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Mon Dec 30, 2013, 01:04 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi quratos!

With AK from UTG, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With one limper (the player that posted the blind), I will raise to 8 chips.

I flop TPTK on a wet board. When it checks to me, I'm going to make a standard value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 4 or more opps in the pot, a standard bet is a pot-sized bet, so I will bet 60. (bets will be between 1/2 pot and a pot-sized bet, depending on the situation).

With 3 opps on the turn, I'm going to make another value bet. Due to 3 opps, a standard bet sizing is 3/4 pot, so I would normally bet this.. BUT.. this is well over 1/3 of my stack which means that I'm pot-committed. Due to this, I'm shoving the turn.

I do disagree with the comment about QT though. With an open-ended straight draw on the flop and too small of a bet on the flop, an opp that has QT is priced in (getting the correct odds to draw). With this being the case, this is a part of the opp's range.

In multi-way pots especially, I do need to play TPTK a bit more conservatively though, as multiple opps increases the likelihood that someone has me beat with 2 pair or better. Over-valuing TPTK is a mistake that many players make (trust me on this one as I learned it the hard way).

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 30, 2013, 01:30 PM
(#7)
Hello John,

thank you for analyzing. As far as I understood the most important thing was adjusting the bet sizes by the number of opps and the pot. Also it is important to know that top pair top kicker has a drastically lower chance of winning with multiple opps.

Old
Tue Dec 31, 2013, 08:06 AM
(#8)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
AdQh straight draw - Mon Jan 06, 2014, 05:21 PM
(#9)
Hello Flophitter,

I now passed the cash game course quizand played some real money hold'em with reasonably good results.

The answer to the question why players may want to bet big is because they want to protect their hands against draws, so that the opps have to invest in their draws and don't get a free card. Second is to gain value from their monster hands. Third they want to put pressure on their opps, so that they have to either commit to their hands or fold.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Here is a hand I played AdQh. I had a very tight playing style at the table for around 30 hands.
I just called like it was stated in the cash game course starting hand chart.
The flop was Kd2h9d and I checked because I wasn't quite sure about my hand and the hands of my opps. Player 9 bets 2c and I called because I thought my hand had potential and the bet was very small.
After the turn I made a medium sized bet of 8c which in retrospect was a mistake because it told the opponent I wasn't sure about my hand. Other than that, i have very few outs and there were 2 flush draws on the table, both would have me beaten. This made my chance of winning even worse.

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 01:59 PM
(#10)
Hi quratos,

Thanks for the hand, we'll have it checked out soon, then I can award your 2nd bonus and we can move to the next step.

flophitter

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 10:59 AM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi quratos,

I will be your Hand Analyzer for this post

With AQ here I want to raise and not limp behind. If someone opens the pot for a raise we can call. I think this is what was meant in the course by calling when facing a raise. In this hand we do not face a raise but someone actually just calls the big blind, what is also knows as limping into pots. With our hand strength I want to raise for value and to isolate the limper. As played, I don't like leading the turn after we get bet into OTF because the J does not bring a scare card and we have little fold equity and not enough real equity with our hand strength on this board. The hand would have played out alot different had we raised preflop because we could have cbet the flop and expected our opponent to fold a decent amount of the time.

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 02:40 PM
(#12)
Hello geoVARTA,

thank you for analyzing. Recapping what you said the biggest mistake was misunderstanding the strength of the hand in the position we are in and therefore calling instead of raising preflop. Also betting on the turn was a bad idea because the opponent had nothing to fear from our hand in this spot.

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 04:51 PM
(#13)
Hello quratos,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2014, 04:26 PM
(#14)
Hello Flophitter,

So today I lost all my $7 I accumulated so far, which I am pretty frustrated about.

Of course it was my fault playing based on "feeling lucky" instead of mathmatics, but it's absolutely amazing getting crushed with the same hand 2 times in a row and again playing at another table about an hour later.
Also I cannot believe that I played against people, who would go all-in with about 3/4 of the hands and them having me dominated everytime I decide to play a hand.

But enough the crying here it comes.

Old
Fri Jan 10, 2014, 01:28 PM
(#15)
Hi quratos,

Sorry to hear that, but once the analysis is posted here (normally within 24 hrs) I will top you up with a further bonus and give you your final step.

flophitter

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 10:24 AM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi quratos,

Hand #1: I'm reluctant to be raising with QQ after the villain makes it that big especially with our stack sizes. I would prefer calling in this situation and playing a smaller pot post flop.

Hand #2: Although we turn a pair it's unlikely we are ahead here given the action we face infront of us. I would fold to the turn bet. Getting all in is a mistake imo as there are not too many bluffs in villains rage, and there are no made hands that we beat.

Hand #3: When we face a flop raise here because the flop is somewhat dry I expect less draws to be in their range, so the hands that we are up against will either be bluffs, sets, or an overplayed TP. In which case, I would prefer calling and re-evaluating turn instead of coming over the top and stacking off.

Hand #4: I'm raising the limp here to 0.08-0.10; I think checking back is missed value. Again, no reason to stick the rest in by the turn; you have underplayed your hand preflop and overplayed your pair postflop I think.

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 03:13 PM
(#17)
Hi quratos,

Good news - your third Bankroll Builder bonus has been processed and it will be in your account shortly!

Now to earn your fourth and final bonus, keep applying the principles you have learned at the same tables as before until you have earned a further 10 VPPs, counting from when you receive this latest bonus.

If you lose your bankroll, please post the losing hand(s) for analysis. As ever, if you have any questions we are here for you.

flophitter

Last edited by flophitter; Tue Jan 14, 2014 at 03:42 AM.. Reason: typo!

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2014, 02:10 PM
(#18)
Hi,

lost again, but no hands to analyze really.
The problem is after 1h of playing, my tight aggressive play pre-flop costs me much more than I get back post-flop with strong hands, even though I played them exactly the same.
Also the $2 bankroll forces you to go all-in at some point with favorable hands, because you can't afford buying in again and wait for good hands.

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 11:25 AM
(#19)
Hi quratos,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear you lost again, but here's another new way to earn your fourth bonus.

Step Four

Attend any LIVE TRAINING session here at PokerSchoolOnline. You must actually attend the session to get your bonus.

Please let us know what Live Training session you have attended. NB It must be a live training session that takes place after this post was posted. Past live training sessions do not count.

Let us know the Date/Time and Title of the session you attend and we will check your attendance and credit you with your final bonus. If you make a deposit at this stage you will also receive your final bonus.

flophitter

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com