Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[JK] Bankroll Builder

Old
[JK] Bankroll Builder - Fri Dec 27, 2013, 03:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 03:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 10:24 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello HiredMonkey,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After watching this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bank Roll builder - hand analyser - Sat Dec 28, 2013, 03:23 AM
(#4)

How could I have avoided this situation as we both made a straight with a gut card?

Thanks.

I have also passed the basic course.

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 01:04 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi HiredMonkey!

With Q3s in the BB, when I get two limps in front of me, I will gladly check and see a free flop.

I flop a gutshot straight draw and when the first opp checks, I'll gladly check and hope to see a free turn card, as I do not have a strong enough hand to call a bet.

I turn the straight and now have an opp make a min bet into me. I need to raise here and the key is the sizing of it. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 2 opps, a standard bet is 2/3 pot, so I will raise by 2/3 pot to 37. I do not want to bet less than this or I can be giving the opp the correct odds to try to outdraw me.

The river should be a blank and now the opp makes a huge overbet of 300. Since I do have the straight, I'm going to call this bet and go to showdown.

The key with the hand is the turn bet, as I need to bet at least 37 so that the opp has the wrong odds to draw. If the opp calls the bet that gives them the wrong odds to draw, while they can hit a given % of the time, they will lose chips to me on average.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 01:56 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi HiredMonkey!

The basics quiz is the 15 question quiz at the end of the basics course. Please let me know when you have passed it as it does not show as passed in our system.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bank Roll builder - Sat Dec 28, 2013, 03:22 PM
(#7)
Hi,

I have seen the video, posted link and passed 15 questions poker assessment quiz just now. Please pass me the link to that quiz if I have not passed it.

Thanks.
Himanshu

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 03:26 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant HiredMonkey!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bank Roll builder - Sun Dec 29, 2013, 09:32 AM
(#9)
I have watched the video and passed the course. Here are the three reasons I'd want to make a big bet.
- To get value from my made hands.
- To put pressure on an opponent
- To bluff.

Here is a hand from 0.1/0.2 $ NL Hold'em

Could I have avoided this or its just bad beat ?

Thanks

Old
Mon Dec 30, 2013, 06:45 AM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on such a short stack depth, I'd consider checking my option with or without reads of the villains tendencies, there is no need to inflate the pot knowing that we will be at a positional disadvantage post flop with a marginal holding. Did you raise this hand for value or with the intentions of trying to bluff the opponent post flop? Post flop, this is not a bad beat, there are still several combos of Tx that have us outkicked, the villain had the better range of Tx in this situation.

Please ONLY play 0.01/0.02c 9-Max NLHE as your Bank Roll Builder training is focused primarily on this format. If you are to play any other formats other than 9max, it may make you ineligible for future bonuses.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Bank Roll builder - Mon Dec 30, 2013, 10:00 AM
(#11)
Hi,

Thanks for analyzing the hand. I only raised pre flop as I saw him limping in and wanted to push him out right there. Post flop I thought that since its a scary board with A and two 10 I checked. And thereafter, I just kept calling and never realized that he could hold the only other 10 in deck.

I'll keep what you said in mind. Thanks.

I'll make sure that from next time I only 9 Max 0.01/0.02 ç games.

When will I receive my bonus ?

Thanks in advance.

Old
Bank Roll builder - Thu Jan 02, 2014, 02:41 AM
(#12)
Hello,

I have not received any message. Is there anything am missing?

Thanks

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 11:02 AM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello HiredMonkey,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bank Roll builder - Sat Jan 04, 2014, 03:22 AM
(#14)
Hello Teacher,

Task completed. I have accumulated 10 VPP after I got my last bonus.

I have one question - Can I take part in poker stars daily challenges and play SnG matches ?

Thanks

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2014, 10:52 AM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi HiredMonkey!

You cannot play any cash tournaments at all or you will make yourself ineligible for future bonuses..

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bank Roll builder - Sat Jan 04, 2014, 11:42 PM
(#16)
Hello,

Alright, I won't play any. But when will I receive my next bonus.

Thanks

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2014, 12:03 AM
(#17)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi HiredMonkey!

It can take 48-72 hrs for the vpp's to register in our system. I'll check for you again tomorrow.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bank Roll builder - Mon Jan 06, 2014, 03:33 PM
(#18)
Okie,

Shall be waiting!!

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 05:06 PM
(#19)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi HiredMonkey!

I don't show any vpp's in our system for you yet for January and the only vpp's that count for this are after the last bonus, which was Jan 2nd. All that you have were earned before Jan 1st (in December).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bank Roll builder - Tue Jan 07, 2014, 08:39 AM
(#20)
Hello,

This is strange. Do you want me take a screen shot and attach here for my last bonus?

My VPP is 40 and My FPP is 69.48. And balance as of now is 20.33 $.

Please advise?

Thanks

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com