Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

For Every Action there is a Reaction

Old
For Every Action there is a Reaction - Fri Dec 27, 2013, 03:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
BronzeStar
Hi there,
Iv been playing here for 1 week now and I cant believe the stuff Im seeing here, now im sure that PokerStars team must hear this all the time, but I have some serious concerns about the PS software and the so called RANDOM card genorator, Iv picked up on a few things and it could be just at the low limit tables just to make the payouts more spread out evenly but im being able to watch my table and call the river card and get it right about 15-20% of the time,

The biggest thing iv noticed is that when there is an all-in preflop the worst starting hand will win about 70-75% of the time, even though the hand I have posted here in this message wasnt an all-in preflop as soon as I seen AA at the zoom table I called to 2 of my friends an I said to them come and watch AA get smashed, Im not sure how its going to happen but guys if I end up being able to get all my coin in the middle it will get smashed as soon as the all-in is anounced, now this all-in preflop thing is not just a theory and its not just me iv seen alot of hands here at PS this week and I cant beleive it when the best starting hand actually takes down a pot at showdown, now thats that.
The other part of the game which seems to be happening is that for every action there is a reaction, this is where my river calling comes in to it, when you can sit there and predict not just the card but the suit of it aswell and get it right, as I said about 15-20% of the time you know that the cards can not be as random as if it was live, now it seems that PokerStars has taken the PSO way to far because in situations like if I was on the button a made a stupid fold due to pot odds or something like that I will predict that river card more like 65-75% of the time its like there trying to teach low limit players how to play during the games as I said for every action there is a reaction, and Im telling this to you because Im guessing to be a hand analyser you must see alot of hand s especially from the low limit players, and of course you wont tell me if im right or even if you think the same sort of thoughts, but tell me this at least is it different at the higher stakes at all or does the best starting hand just keep getting sharfted when they get a caller with there shove preflop?

I just finished winning a 6plr sit"n"go and I was telling the last 2 guys about my software theories which of course probly like you think they thought I was full of it, its a perfect example because it shows what I mean about the PSO going into our games (reaction for every action) and I had just finished saying that only ever slow play a hand if you have the absolute nuts because if you can some how be beaten you will be,and after the flop I noticed a lil hesitation by my opponent then a check, straight away I said (hope you can see this hand with chat enabled)5 on the river cause I put him on the K top pair slowplaying as it turned out I was exactly right he did slow play his K and guess what came on the river? of course it was the 5, the best part is it happen about 2 or 3 hands after I ad told them this so they tested it out and I just proved without a doudt the software is floored somwhere,

Last edited by murraycraig; Fri Dec 27, 2013 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: had to take out a line or 2

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 03:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2013
BronzeStar
I just finished winning a 6plr sit"n"go and I was telling the last 2 guys about my software theories which of course probly like you think they thought I was full of it, its a perfect example because it shows what I mean about the PSO going into our games (reaction for every action) and I had just finished saying that only ever slow play a hand if you have the absolute nuts because if you can some how be beaten you will be,and after the flop I noticed a lil hesitation by my opponent then a check, straight away I said (hope you can see this hand with chat enabled)5 on the river cause I put him on the K top pair slowplaying as it turned out I was exactly right he did slow play his K and guess what came on the river? of course it was the 5, the best part is it happen about 2 or 3 hands after I ad told them this so they tested it out and I just proved without a doudt the software is floored somwhere,

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 03:44 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
If you knew he was slow playing the K then why didn't you extract more value on the river and maybe KO him?

Your seeing patterns that are in your mind. There's nothing wrong with the RNG as Zukas proves. I'm sure you don't even save hand histories, if you do then we can test your theory even with a small sample.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 03:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Here is a link to the information about the RNG.

The security of the games is an issue that PokerStars takes VERY seriously.

THREAD CLOSED JWK24

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com