Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL, 6Max Zoom, AA, Missed Value?

Old
5NL, 6Max Zoom, AA, Missed Value? - Fri Dec 27, 2013, 03:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
Sample size only 24 hands. VPIP:29, PFR:8

Obviously standard pre-flop. I think the flop bet is pretty standard too.

Once he calls the flop, he can either have flopped the straight, or have some 1 pair straight draws. Probably some Arag flush+straight draws too. At the time I don't think I registered it but as I write this I'm starting to think his 2pairs could 3bet me on the flop but without a read I'm not so sure.

Turn bet was for value from these drawing hands.

It gets a bit sketchy from the river. My thinking was the final 8 misses the straight + flush draws and they'll just fold out. The straight obviously beats me, and two pairs aren't folding here after calling two streets.

Two things bugged me a) Am a missing value or was the check correct? b) If the check is correct is this a check fold?

Thanks for your time.

PS. Villain showed JT

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 04:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
From the VPIP/PFR he seems to like calling, raising only value hands.

If this carries through to his post flop play as well then it is more than possible he will just call down with top pair/middle pair type hands.

I think that we can just bet/fold on pretty much every street. All the draws that were there on the flop, buste out mainly, J9 was already there if he called with that. As was AJ. I just dont think he is going to bluff enough on the river though for us to check.

If I was checking, and he bet, I would have the intention of calling as he could bet AK/AQ type hands for value. So long as it was a reasonable bet and nothing stupid.

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 04:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Bet-fold every street, as bhoy says. This villain is unlikely to raise you or bet in position as a bluff, so bet for value, and fold if he raises.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:09 PM
(#4)
Cheers guys, makes sense. I think I would be a little more inclined to do so with a few more hands of data.

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 06:30 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
I think the others have nailed this one. This is a typical case where you should bet every street for value but fold to a raise.

It's a pretty wet board so you can be pretty sure that most villains won't raise unless they really like their hand as you're taking such a strong line, so if you do face a raise, you can be very sure that your AA is beat.

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 06:58 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2012
River is probably the best card possible for our hand.

We are missing a fair bit of value by checking the river.

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 10:00 AM
(#7)
Thanks guys. I think if I hit a bankroll that can take a shot at 10NL I'll still stay here if I'm missing fairly simple opportunities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
River is probably the best card possible for our hand.

We are missing a fair bit of value by checking the river.
Presumably because it's drawn out on other two pairs? Hadn't even thought of that at the time, what an amateur!

Cheers again guys!

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 10:08 AM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloon View Post
Thanks guys. I think if I hit a bankroll that can take a shot at 10NL I'll still stay here if I'm missing fairly simple opportunities.

Presumably because it's drawn out on other two pairs? Hadn't even thought of that at the time, what an amateur!

Cheers again guys!
Yep that's right.

If you were concerned about two pairs, we have them beat now. It's also extremely unlikely he has 8x in his range.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com