Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NLz 6max. I call on btn AKs then flop looks good. Turn why what?

Old
10NLz 6max. I call on btn AKs then flop looks good. Turn why what? - Sat Dec 28, 2013, 01:52 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
This is a weird no read zoom hand. My play is wrong pre because, facing mp open raise, I should re-raise but can't, why? I need to keep worse involved and be in position.

Now I hate multi-way premiums and let it happen by over calling the bb (donk) lead. Now 3 handed I think the turn is a blank if the lead out has 33 - nice hand sir! But what about the original raiser?

Completely confused by the original raiser (villain) who now raises the turn cbet from the bb, who was oop and did the strange flop cbet lead out?

Can we make it more confusing? Yes I call the villain's turn jam AK high. Not sure why, gut feeling? Would like to know if I'm a bad bluff catcher or there is something wrong on the turn?

Feel like a poker player sometimes bluff catching 1 out of 10 and get it correct.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Dec 28, 2013 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: the bb oop leads out

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 02:10 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
3b pre raise flop gii

I would have played every street differently.

Calling river is just horrible.

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 02:20 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
3b pre raise flop gii

I would have played every street differently.

Calling river is just horrible.
Yes 2 overs and a flush draw is even odds = bingo for stacks on the flop. I don't play bingo flips light.

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 03:00 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
Yes 2 overs and a flush draw is even odds = bingo for stacks on the flop. I don't play bingo flips light.
ON THE FLOP
also with flush-draw+gutshot+overcards, u r often ahead(not bingo, not evenOdds) it is so good to reraise allin on the flop and u often will get called by hands like these A9, which u are massively ahead or by the smaller flush draw which u r again massively ahead,or against AKoffsuit(which u will split/or u hit flush, so +++), it is just so good to push the flop... since the turn comes worst safe card

ON THE TURN
u getting urself in worst possible situation... u r between two aggresors and u just callz , and first bettor would most of the time raise again and u will have to again just call even allin cuz u dont have so many chips behind , and again on the turn ur chances were cut in half by safe card, so thats why its better to push it on the flop.... u can get to fold enemy's J7 on the flop anything... it is just so good to push to on the flop...

ON RIVER
thats just horrible call, not even looser like me would do that
u basically putting 4$ which is so much! into river where enemy haz so many good handz which he will not be folding, into spot where u have only Ahigh , and u will be like if he just rage-pushed river with 88's or another weaker hand like and still feeling bossy

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Sat Dec 28, 2013 at 03:06 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 04:08 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2013
Why can't you 3bet pre? Are you afraid to put the money in? If so, you might want to drop in stake. This spot looks ideal to squeeze having a premium hand on the button with a bet and a call in front of you...

Flop looks pretty good. Raise it looks reasonable to me. Build a pot so you can play for stacks if the flush hits. I would be hesitant to call a shove but you have lots of outs unless there are sets.

OTT, a bet and a raise in front and you have A-high. I would fold here.

OTR: deffo fold

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 06:52 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
I think AKs is too strong a hand not to 3Bet Preflop. From the Button you could be doing this with a wider range of hands than normal and I think you'll still keep worse hands in the hand depending on the villain type. A lot of his 3Bet calling range will include AJ/AQ and PPs, both of which AKs plays extremely well against.

On the flop you get a donkbet and a just a call from the original raiser. I'd raise this up to something like $2 with the intention of playing for stacks. You have a monster draw, your A/K outs might still be good and you have decent fold equity with this bet.

OTT I'd just fold. You're facing some weird action and more importantly you're not closing the action. The turn harmed your equity and I would say that your A and K outs are usually going to be no good.

I think the river is a clear fold. You're just lucky that the villain played the hand so terribly.

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 08:34 AM
(#7)
Since: Dec 2013
+ u can be happy to play for stacks OTF, cuz when u reraise OTF , they might rereraise back to AI, which u should definitely be happy to play for stacks here... even against sets u r coinflip, and against some his pushing hands u r even favorite

+ when u reraise OTF and they just callz, u r taking initiative, and they might check the turn hoping u to continue but u will safely check behind cuz u have position on both them..... though they might not slowplay they good hands OTT and that way u have to fold cuz u no getting quite good odds ...

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Sat Dec 28, 2013 at 08:36 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 09:36 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
I think AKs is too strong a hand not to 3Bet Preflop. From the Button you could be doing this with a wider range of hands than normal and I think you'll still keep worse hands in the hand depending on the villain type. A lot of his 3Bet calling range will include AJ/AQ and PPs, both of which AKs plays extremely well against.

On the flop you get a donkbet and a just a call from the original raiser. I'd raise this up to something like $2 with the intention of playing for stacks. You have a monster draw, your A/K outs might still be good and you have decent fold equity with this bet.

OTT I'd just fold. You're facing some weird action and more importantly you're not closing the action. The turn harmed your equity and I would say that your A and K outs are usually going to be no good.

I think the river is a clear fold. You're just lucky that the villain played the hand so terribly.
Are you just 3betting anyone with AK here?

I have only played 15k hands at 10nl taking shots here and there so im not quite sure what they would flat a 3bet with OOP but what are you doing when they 4bet, im assuming you would be going with it pre, what do you expect them to flat with there?

Would you only flat AK vs someone folding to 3bet alot and when a very tight player opens?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com