Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

KK turn allin? seems legit

Old
KK turn allin? seems legit - Sat Dec 28, 2013, 03:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
finally they holded up
i think i had info dat he 3bet pretty often in late position
edit: i bet he put me on J7 soooted, cant blame teh fellah, he is massively ahead against my range
#usinMyImage #feeelinBossy #grindinItUp

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Sat Dec 28, 2013 at 03:38 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 04:22 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
Well played pre and flop imo.

Turn is a tricky one. Those are spots I mess up a lot. A small bet (1/3 pot) looks wrong to me so shoving is deffo the way to go. He will probably shove on you if you check or bet small anyway so better take the initiative if you are willing to play.

He must have seen your other hands to be calling that turn-shove

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 04:38 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
Well played pre and flop imo.

Turn is a tricky one. Those are spots I mess up a lot. A small bet (1/3 pot) looks wrong to me so shoving is deffo the way to go. He will probably shove on you if you check or bet small anyway so better take the initiative if you are willing to play.

He must have seen your other hands to be calling that turn-shove
its zoom but we seen each other, he s been 3betting me preflop a lot , and as we see he was doin dat with a lot of shit hands, though JQs is good, but OTF he had easy fold since he rather wanna flop gutshot/twopair than weak toppair
but prob he seen my J7 soooted :P

"Turn is a tricky one."
yez, its either he hit his straight/twopair or not, or still likes hiz AQ/ AK of hearts
the other day i posted exactly same hand , exactly same board... when this turn came, i was saying like aaaaaah! DEJAVU! but this time i had to push 10$ in 17$ so this was much much better push IMO
but that time i bigbet turn 5$ in 7$ and called reraise AI for 20$ which i guess i could easily bet-fold though cuz bonus 15$ is just so so much... so bad was from me
heres dat hand

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Sat Dec 28, 2013 at 04:45 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 04:40 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
edit:disregard this post.

Last edited by birdayy; Sat Dec 28, 2013 at 06:52 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 04:49 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Your 4b is too big. Your flop cbet is too big.

Otherwise fine.
betin big OTF to get it easily in OTT , cuz OTT its like a bit over half of pot
Betting smaller OTF would make him probably still fold bad turnz or if turn comes scary card for me, then it could scare-fold me... i almost folded this one (idk why it crossed my mind) only mb because of dat last time i had my KK beaten, but now as i see it it was whole different situation of stacks

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 06:52 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2012
For some reason my comment went to the wrong hand. Disregard what i said.

For the 2nd hand;

I don't see the need to check/raise this flop. It over plays your hand when this deep.

When he jams turn we have a pretty easy fold. If we were 100bb it would be closer.

Last edited by birdayy; Sat Dec 28, 2013 at 07:27 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 07:05 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
I actually like the way you played this on every street - you played this aggressively post-flop which is a good improvement over some of the other hands you've posted on here in the past

I agree with birdayy that I'd 4Bet slightly smaller, say to about $3 to try entice villain to come along with some of the lower part of his call 4Bet/5Bet range.

This flop is actually a pretty bad flop in some ways - QQ just got there, and I'm not sure you're going to get much value out of JJ/TT anymore. Therefore I'd Cbet about 1/2 pot OTF to try and see if he'll come along with JJ/TT for a street. I think you'll get action from AQ whatever you bet.

As played I like your turn shove, if he's got a set, then tough luck.

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 08:19 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
For some reason my comment went to the wrong hand. Disregard what i said.

For the 2nd hand;

I don't see the need to check/raise this flop. It over plays your hand when this deep.

When he jams turn we have a pretty easy fold. If we were 100bb it would be closer.
u commenting the wrong hand, i sent old hand in comment just to compare my KK in past...
i thought that u were in that thread, but mb u wasnt

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 08:24 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
I actually like the way you played this on every street - you played this aggressively post-flop which is a good improvement over some of the other hands you've posted on here in the past

I agree with birdayy that I'd 4Bet slightly smaller, say to about $3 to try entice villain to come along with some of the lower part of his call 4Bet/5Bet range.

This flop is actually a pretty bad flop in some ways - QQ just got there, and I'm not sure you're going to get much value out of JJ/TT anymore. Therefore I'd Cbet about 1/2 pot OTF to try and see if he'll come along with JJ/TT for a street. I think you'll get action from AQ whatever you bet.

As played I like your turn shove, if he's got a set, then tough luck.
he was so agresive preflop other hands, always 3betting me or mb 5betin my 4bets?!(not sure now)... so dat just shove his looseness(marked him as LAG i guess before)
i m also stealing/squeezing a super big time, so my image mb played role here
and then again 4beting smaller just looks so much like KK ... its like "clickback" as one of PSO-pro-member said (dat clickback is sign of strength)... so 4beting bigger (actually its just 3x) looks more like "hey , i want ya to foldz even though i no haz hand i reprezents"
and i like teh smileeyyy!!!

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Sat Dec 28, 2013 at 08:30 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 09:21 AM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2013
Wow in hand 1 i was pretty sure he had you crushed when that flop came and you shoved the turn, there must be some history to get that result, i notice how everyone likes the turn shove but have i missed something this guy cant be an unknown?

Every time ive just smashed 200b in on flop and turn with an over pair in a 3bet pot i have seen a set every time.

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 11:10 AM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
Wow in hand 1 i was pretty sure he had you crushed when that flop came and you shoved the turn, there must be some history to get that result, i notice how everyone likes the turn shove but have i missed something this guy cant be an unknown?

Every time ive just smashed 200b in on flop and turn with an over pair in a 3bet pot i have seen a set every time.
but diz iz 4bet pot and thats total diffference, it goes up exponentially , preflop there was put 72BB already in (36 each)
and ofc he can haz sets, 2pairs, and im not saying im going to be always ahead here, but i dont see myself ever folding only if im sure he iz tight or if we was much deeper

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Sat Dec 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com