Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

checking OTR profitably w/ Jhigh

Old
checking OTR profitably w/ Jhigh - Sat Dec 28, 2013, 10:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
felt like he haz some 9T or other busted draw, and didnt feel like betting would get me anywhere , and i was right , though no reads lol

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 10:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
you're slipping... i put him on 64o, red cards... (got diamonds and hearts wrong way round though)

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 11:01 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchbadbeat View Post
you're slipping... i put him on 64o, red cards... (got diamonds and hearts wrong way round though)
wut iz slipping?

Old
Why stay in after flop? - Sat Dec 28, 2013, 11:11 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
It would be so easy to be beat on the gut-draw after the flop. I don't understand why you both were re-raising each other. I would have folded your hand after the flop.

Admitted I am very much a newbie here.

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 11:15 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor921 View Post
It would be so easy to be beat on the gut-draw after the flop. I don't understand why you both were re-raising each other. I would have folded your hand after the flop.

forgot to add this:
warning: dont try dis at home

im simply bet-folding every street here, and hoping for him to haz 65orT6 and hoping 9 to come OTT/OTR and stack him off , thought he could have missed nut flush draw which would beat me OTR...

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 01:18 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Check the turn. When the board pairs, your fold equity goes right down, as anything that called on the flop will also call on the turn, and might have improved to a very strong hand.
Checking the river looks fine. You won't win all that often, as you only beat missed straight and flush draws that are ten high (like T9) or worse, but I think firing a third barrel would be pretty spewy, as villain is always calling with Kx.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 01:27 PM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2012
Hello Sailor921,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 08:17 PM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor921 View Post

Welcome!

Take a look at some of the other hands that aren't authored by NaturoSasuki, they are much more typical and easier to learn from, Naturo definitely likes to take some unorthodox lines!

I think the PF raise is fine, although just checking to see a free flop is also good.

I like the flop CBet, you've got equity and can easily represent Kx.

I agree with Arty that this turn card is pretty bad for our hand equity and I'd just check it back to give up unless you hit. Villain is unlikely going to fold anything OTT that he was calling OTF with.

I like the check just to give up here on the river, villain's showed that he's not likely to fold. You might get him to fold 7x because another overcard turned up but that's about it.

The fact he showed up with 64o just shows how terrible some people play out of the blinds, definitely make a note on this guy for future!

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 02:32 AM
(#9)
unorthodox lulz

thanks for compliment

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com