Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

nut flush draw VS. flopped flush

Old
nut flush draw VS. flopped flush - Sat Dec 28, 2013, 10:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
i could have bet the turn since great card came, but i dont know if i would call if he reraised me OTT AI (anyway he would reraise AI if i bet it... and bet-foldin would be weak)
cuz it was 4way going to flop so flush he can haz...

so idk if i should have checkcalled every street and fold if miss? hmmmm.... not sure, and wasnt happy about river call...
he could have some combinations which hit turn nicely, but then again a lot of twopairs hit the river so i could have folded... though i think such hands would be checking OTT behind

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Sat Dec 28, 2013 at 11:00 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 12:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
What read did you have on Player 1. They called a early position raise and continued to show intreast in a flop that is all diamonds, Unless the player has been a complete maniac uptill now This is a reluctant fold on the river.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 01:05 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
What read did you have on Player 1. They called a early position raise and continued to show intreast in a flop that is all diamonds, Unless the player has been a complete maniac uptill now This is a reluctant fold on the river.
yes u right, i m stupid... it was 4way and idk wut i was thinking... the worst part of it is my river call POT!!(mb 40% of pot would be OK to call?!)... i guess checkcall OTT is not dat bad... or best would probably be to checkcall OTF too... idk idk :/ but if he had smaller flush like J/Q/T-high... he would maybe fold if 4th flushcard comes

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 01:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Lots of players will call with J or T high flush this is where making notes on the players will help.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 08:10 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Preflop and flop play is great! I like the big bet OTF with the nut flush draw and overcards. You could even make this bigger to $1-$1.05 as it's mulitway.

You hit a great turn, I'm not sure why you stopped betting here. Your hand has improved significantly compared to your opponent's range since the flop, which included overpairs, worse Kx hands (maybe with Kd). Of course if he flopped a monster, you've hit a bad card but I don't see any reason to believe you're behind yet.

I'd be interested to hear what others think about this, but I think this is a bet/fold if he shoves on you. Because you have Ad, I doubt he's ever shoving with a semi-bluff (he might with JT but this seems really fishy), or even a one pair hand. Against villain's likely shoving range (excluding flopped flushes) of (98, K9, Kd8x, Kd, 22, 88, 99,) you are only 28%. Include made flushes and this gets even worse.

As played you check/called which gives your opponent the initiative, but I'm not sure you'll get paid too much if you hit your flush by taking this line.

OTR you miss and I think you're forced to check because of your line OTT and you face a big bet, which puts you in a really tough spot. I suppose you have to fold because you are only really beating KQ, KT, I'm not sure he's playing 9x or JT like this, so I would just fold.

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 02:40 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
Preflop and flop play is great! I like the big bet OTF with the nut flush draw and overcards. You could even make this bigger to $1-$1.05 as it's mulitway.

You hit a great turn, I'm not sure why you stopped betting here. Your hand has improved significantly compared to your opponent's range since the flop, which included overpairs, worse Kx hands (maybe with Kd). Of course if he flopped a monster, you've hit a bad card but I don't see any reason to believe you're behind yet.

I'd be interested to hear what others think about this, but I think this is a bet/fold if he shoves on you. Because you have Ad, I doubt he's ever shoving with a semi-bluff (he might with JT but this seems really fishy), or even a one pair hand. Against villain's likely shoving range (excluding flopped flushes) of (98, K9, Kd8x, Kd, 22, 88, 99,) you are only 28%. Include made flushes and this gets even worse.

As played you check/called which gives your opponent the initiative, but I'm not sure you'll get paid too much if you hit your flush by taking this line.

OTR you miss and I think you're forced to check because of your line OTT and you face a big bet, which puts you in a really tough spot. I suppose you have to fold because you are only really beating KQ, KT, I'm not sure he's playing 9x or JT like this, so I would just fold.
if i bet OTT i would definitely be raised to AI .. which i will have to call allin there i guess..
but it is so common for him to have 4way flush OTF.. so probably checkcall OTF+OTT could look good, but if i would check, he would probably bet/bet OTF+OTT anyway...that way i would pay him off trough checkcalling like 3$ and save the 7$ if i miss the nut flush ... would it be good to take such line given that we were 4way?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com