Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

can i call this?

Old
can i call this? - Sat Dec 28, 2013, 02:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 03:23 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
No, you have to fold, but to make the fold easier next time, don't raise 9bbs, 3 is by far enough. If you raise 20bbs preflop, then maybe you'd actually have to call the flop.

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 04:01 PM
(#3)
hmmm... i can see air in his range a bit of the time here his limp could be KQ KJ suited connectors...... plus there are 10 10 JJ as well and i have clean outs

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi hendo,

I think your preflop size is way too big, you're pricing so high that you're likely to only get action from stronger hands than yours. I'd make it 2.5x the Big Blind, + 2BB for the limpers so I'd make is somewhere between 500-600.

The flop should be a fold. I think you're likely going to be up against some one pair hand to which you have 6 outs or roughly 25% equity. It's tough to imagine him having a draw after calling your raise preflop but even putting draws in his range would only boost your equity a few percent.

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 05:24 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo30 View Post
hmmm... i can see air in his range a bit of the time here his limp could be KQ KJ suited connectors...... plus there are 10 10 JJ as well and i have clean outs

Really? The air here is the AQo

any pair could do what he does, as can ak/jt etc etc.......what reads and histories do you have?

Last edited by Danutz75; Sun Dec 29, 2013 at 05:26 PM..

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 07:11 AM
(#6)
haha yeah i know its not a strong place to be but it really didnt feel like an insta fold......
he was playing so loose passive.... if hes got a made hand cant see shoving and getting a fold the right play, why not check and let me cbet

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com