Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

JJ

Old
JJ - Sat Dec 28, 2013, 04:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

What do you make of this, i cant see what he over bets the river with.

Villain seems to be a nit and when he was betting so small i was sure he was trying to induce a raise but then the river he over bets and if he did have KK AA it just dont make sense.

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 04:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2013
with this play he could be doin this with 66 77 88 99 TT which u still beat.. he dont have 3 , most likely haz some AQ/AK with that big utg raise..
i would still call the river lulz

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 05:04 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
Indeed a very weird line. As played I would fold.

I would have raised OTF (and fold to a reraise).
If called, and he bet again on the turn, we are probably behind and we could fold. If checked on turn, I would check behind. On River we could call a small bet but fold to big.

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 05:47 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
You played it fine imo. Villain always has a boat on the river... except when he has quads.

I can't see him ever taking this line with any hand you beat (like TT-66). He's probably value-shoving AQ, hoping you have A3s or 55.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 10:29 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Mike,

If the villain is a nit, super easy fold on the river. Nits will be checking down most everything that isn't QQ/AQ here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com