Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

still rep AK OTT A with reraised KK ?

Old
still rep AK OTT A with reraised KK ? - Sun Dec 29, 2013, 04:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
kinda felt it would be weak to check-fold(i know turncard is horrible) and i still can rep AK OTT and i didnt put him on a suited connectors for flush, cuz he raised UTG + called my bigreraise... so i only know about one person who does dis with SC (me )
so i made bigbet+gave_up and river comes fourth card to straight so i gave up anyway..

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 11:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
You might consider check/calling rather than making a huge bet on the turn... we are not getting called by worse hands here. Check/fold to a big bet would be fine. Think about why you're wanting to "rep AK"... the answer should be to get hands like TT/JJ/88 to fold, because he's not folding a big ace that peeled or better. But you already beat all those pairs, you don't need them to fold. If you had made a move with KQc or something then repping AK with a big barrel makes sense as we target folding out all these pocket pairs.

It's an awkward spot with KK for sure but don't think bombing the turn is best. check/fold river to a huge bet after we got called on the turn I think is good.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 30, 2013, 02:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2013
though OTR comes 4th card to straight, so wut he repping? twips to get called by AK ? looks like he never puts me on 55's here since i bigreraised preflop ... and he was original raisor...

he cant haz nut flush draw.... so wut is he repping is small suited connectors slowplayed OTT?! dat just seems so unlikely since he should reraise that to avoid me hitting bigger flush with

hiz hand looks so unlikely.... isnt he bluffing there? i wouldnt be surprised if he had JJ...
or only possible thing is also A or A that makes sence with his raise-call preflop , loose call OTF(with some backdoor-fd + overs)and call OTT....

X_X i so dont know wut he had

Old
Mon Dec 30, 2013, 11:10 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
I would normally bet the turn there to charge hands with a heart, rather than let them check back. I would normally make a smaller turn bet though, is that ok there Dave?

I would then check call KK with a heart because i dont want to be raised.

Old
Mon Dec 30, 2013, 04:32 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hey Mike,

I think that's fine, bet/folding here, for a smaller sizing.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com