Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL 25 Zoom: XR flop with TPTK

Old
NL 25 Zoom: XR flop with TPTK - Sun Dec 29, 2013, 04:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
Hey,

only 29 hands on villain, stats look reggish so far, stacksize a bit fishy as you can see.

the preflop call was probably a bit to loose even vs a minopen, but regarding the postflop play I tried a new line here, the XR with "only" TPTK.

My reasoning was that there are a lot of cards that can come OTT that suck to play oop if I just call and that I can get value from draws and some worse made hands (mainly worse TP hands).

Didn't worked out to well on that runout though.

Last edited by almigthybald; Sun Dec 29, 2013 at 04:54 AM..

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 05:03 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2013
as u said, OTT can come a lot of cards u will hate, ---> then why u raising OTF?
(players never ever FOLD OTF , or they even go with some stupid theory called "call once")
so dont think u gonna make them fold..

so u hate to go to turnm so thats the main reason why u should checkcall OTF and see if u r good also OTT .. (some 2, 3 ,4 ,5, 9... i know not many cards but still a lot)
the bigbet OTT is just horrible IMO(u can be dead against a lot of made straights and even get in trouble if u hit twips or twopair OTR) + again u r just gonna hate most RVRs

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 05:08 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturoSasuki View Post
as u said, OTT can come a lot of cards u will hate, ---> then why u raising OTF?
(players never ever FOLD OTF , or they even go with some stupid theory called "call once")
so dont think u gonna make them fold..

so u hate to go to turnm so thats the main reason why u should checkcall OTF and see if u r good also OTT .. (some 2, 3 ,4 ,5, 9... i know not many cards but still a lot)
the bigbet OTT is just horrible IMO(u can be dead against a lot of made straights and even get in trouble if u hit twips or twopair OTR) + again u r just gonna hate most RVRs
more posts like this and less spam and ppl will <3 u

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 05:15 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchbadbeat View Post
more posts like this and less spam and ppl will <3 u
at least i give advice but ur posts are nothing less then shit spam like dis one

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 05:47 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2013
Quote:
at least i give advice but ur posts are nothing less then shit spam like dis one
you know me well

Quote:
spam more
as a protest, i will not spam but instead edit this to include my reply

Last edited by ouchbadbeat; Sun Dec 29, 2013 at 05:55 AM..

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 05:54 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchbadbeat View Post
you know me well
spam more

Old
Mon Dec 30, 2013, 11:46 AM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2011
I think you should check and call the flop. It is true that there is more protection in raising this TPTK than TPTK on a J high board, or a K high board of course. However, I don't think the benefits outweight the risks here.

First of all, you risk getting three-bet, and you really would like to know if you draw out on TT-AA here by hitting. You would also like to keep c-betting AT-AK in villain's range, and you can do this by check-calling. Not only can villain bluff an A turn/river, but they can value bet it and we can get some great value. We want to preserve those situations.

There is simply no way to avoid bad runouts in this spot without paying too high a premium. Be prepared to fold. You took a price preflop, which you recognize as close and debatable. Now you have to take a price again on the flop and your turn lumps with it

We see one of the problems on this turn. We can't even bet for value.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com