Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

bhoylegend's 2014 Goals!

Old
bhoylegend's 2014 Goals! - Sun Dec 29, 2013, 12:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
It's taken a while to arrive at what I want to achieve next year. Last years goals were nothing worthwhile so next years will be something a little bit more thought out.

Long Term Goals

I will become a better player by studying for longer and playing less poker, but better quality poker, I will make Silverstar every month with a target of $1000 for the year and 5000 VPP's which will net a further $100 in Bonuses.

Monthly Goals

I will play 40,000 hands. 30,000 of these will be at the lowest level of 6 max, 2NL Zoom tables. 10,000 at 5NL regular tables. Based on this months play that should be enough to see me make Silverstar each month. I will make at least $21 a week (On average) to enable me to reach my Long Term Goal.

Weekly Goals

I will play 10 hours a week.

I will play 10,000 hands a week.

I will post a minimum of two hands a week for analysis. I will attend live training. I will seek to submit my play to outside review (Live Training being the intention subject to a trainer being willing to do it). I will actively note take during and after sessions.

These goals are achievable, I believe. I can and will be able to track the goals. Should I overachieve, I will take sensible shots at 10NL, I've played at this level of Full-Ring which I was winning at.

Thanks.

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 01:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
best of luck

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 01:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Good luck Brendan

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 01:57 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Very well done bhoy
I'm pretty sure you'll achieve it
Good Luck

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 11:17 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
Good luck Brendan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchbadbeat View Post
best of luck
Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Very well done bhoy
I'm pretty sure you'll achieve it
Good Luck
Thanks Sandtrap.

I took some guidance from your 2013 goals thread so I have to thank you for that too. It's different stakes I am playing obviously but the long term intention is to move through the levels once I have built up some confidence and experience.

As for my goals, I have submitted my December challenge hands for review by a trainer, and if that goes ahead I hope to close some leaks I may have and continue with the parts of my game that are good. Sometime in the second half of the year I will probably seek another review. So on that front, I have already made progress on my goals.

As for actual playing, played some today, just a few hundred hands as I am suffering with a libation induced nausea. Ended up with a couple of BI in profit. I will keep the main updates in this thread to a Sunday evening when the Poker week comes to an end. Probably throw in some interesting hands and stats.

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 11:37 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
Good Luck bhoy

PH

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 12:55 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
6 max
Oh yes, I see that now - was lurking in here too, but that little detail must have escaped my attention

Was thinking you'd do really well at 6-max, which is why I was wondering if maybe that's where you were going to concentrate your play. Cool that you have the option of playing full ring too, just for a change of pace when the mood strikes.

I have a feeling you'll be reaching your goals a lot earlier than anticipated

GL GL bhoy!!

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 04:47 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Oh yes, I see that now - was lurking in here too, but that little detail must have escaped my attention

Was thinking you'd do really well at 6-max, which is why I was wondering if maybe that's where you were going to concentrate your play. Cool that you have the option of playing full ring too, just for a change of pace when the mood strikes.

I have a feeling you'll be reaching your goals a lot earlier than anticipated

GL GL bhoy!!
I certainly hope so.

My New Years hangover eased a little so played a little more and finished a bb short of 5BI ahead at the 2NL tables. So off to a nice start. Lower BI than I have played but I like the player pool there and at 10NL I tended to quit sessions early when I was ahead so made around the same at 2NL as I did at a lot of my 10NL sessions.

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 06:17 PM
(#9)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Best of luck Bhoy!

Out of curiosity, how many tables do you play to have 1000 hands per hour? As 12 tabling FR I usually go around 700 hands. Is it due to the fact that you play 6max Zoom?

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 06:26 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdegre View Post
Best of luck Bhoy!

Out of curiosity, how many tables do you play to have 1000 hands per hour? As 12 tabling FR I usually go around 700 hands. Is it due to the fact that you play 6max Zoom?
At Zoom 6 max I am averaging about 1100-1200 per hour playing 4 tables.

At 10NL regular tables I seemed to be averaging about 500 hands an hour while 8 tabling. So, about two hours would be getting me a 1000 hands while 8 tabling.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 08:15 AM
(#11)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Woah, never realised how much faster is actually zoom... impressive! Thanks for the info ^_^

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2014, 05:30 AM
(#12)
Sometimes it can still feel good to have a losing day, when you've played like an idiot, then grinded your way back:

Any hands where anyone watching it, without context, will just think you are a complete weirdo I hear you ask?

Why, yes, here you go:

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...974_A3BEEFB727

Last edited by bhoylegend; Mon Jan 06, 2014 at 08:25 AM..

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 08:25 AM
(#13)
Update:

Profit/Loss Current Month: $21.09
Hands Played: 9086
VPP's earned: 139.39 (Including Jumpstart 265.56)

I have also played some $1.50 SnG's over the last week. I have played 8 of them and won 3 for a small profit of $3.45. Given how few of these I play, I have actually been doing quite well at them, looking at my Sharkscope graph for this game type I have been on a hot run. As well as winning 3, I bubbled two, and in the others I generally got the money in ahead but lost. So this will probably be a game variant I will add into my play.

If I include the SnG hands I am probably somewhere close to my 10,000 hand goal for the month.

I don't want to fill this thread with too many hands but I will post the biggest (By way of bb's won) pot of the week.

Last edited by bhoylegend; Mon Jan 06, 2014 at 03:55 PM..

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 08:41 AM
(#14)
Since: Dec 2011
Good Luck Bhoylegend! and Happy New Year!

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 04:02 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggervacio View Post
Good Luck Bhoylegend! and Happy New Year!
Thanks GG.

Happy New Year to you too!

Old
Fri Jan 10, 2014, 09:32 AM
(#16)
Update:

Profit/Loss Current Month: $46.10
Hands Played: 11,066
VPP's earned: 287.60

So, I have not played a lot since my last small update, but my bankroll has increased a little which is very pleasing.

Took my first tiny shot at 5NL Zoom today and it went well enough. Nearly two BI ahead which was pleasing as well.

Will update thread later with some hands I felt were pretty decent.

Old
Fri Jan 10, 2014, 11:54 AM
(#17)
Since: Apr 2012
Nice to see your 5NL shot is going better than mine. If I could actually get my butt into gear I might see you at the tables

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2014, 04:56 AM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadyen View Post
Nice to see your 5NL shot is going better than mine. If I could actually get my butt into gear I might see you at the tables
Thanks Chris

It was only a short session, and the two big hands were pretty straightforward, not that I am complaining at all.

I have felt it pretty hard to get motivated to put in volume though.

A tiny grind this morning for my 1 VPP Zoom requirement for the daily challenge, alongside a little more last night, and the update is as follows:

Update:

Profit/Loss Current Month: $51.45
Hands Played: 11,606
VPP's earned: 294.36

Just a couple of hands from the last week that helped:

There isn't actually a lot to be said about this hand as it plays itself for the most part. The only difference is that instead of strictly set mining, which I have a hankering for doing with a lot of pocket pairs, I actually 3bet pre and started building the pot early. I wouldn't have been dismayed at taking it down pre-flop. Villain should have let go of his hand.

Again, nothing remarkable about the hand, I did post recently though about the perils of slowplay though and this epitomises how I like to play a big hand. The deck helped me of course but he could easily have been on a flush draw or had an overpair he was not going to let go of.

It's my mums 60th birthday tonight so I will not be playing the Big Bang or anything else as the family are going out for dinner. At some point in the month I will have to look to increase volume if I am to meet those goals. That said, I am not averse to reconstructing my goals early on if it makes them more realistic for the rest of the year, I'm not sure how much value Silverstar has to be honest.

Last edited by bhoylegend; Sat Jan 11, 2014 at 04:59 AM..

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 03:26 PM
(#19)
Update:

Profit/Loss Current Month: $64.97 +$12.61 tourney = $77.58
Hands Played: 14,902
VPP's earned: 345.97

No hands today, just an update, been a pretty depressing day other than the poker results.

Forgot to add, there was also this from the Big Bang:

PokerStars Tournament #842579681, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00 USD
682 players
Total Prize Pool: $6820.00 USD
Tournament started 2014/01/11 13:00:00 ET

Dear bhoylegend,

You finished the tournament in 137th place. A USD 10.91 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Last edited by bhoylegend; Mon Jan 13, 2014 at 03:31 PM..

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2014, 02:25 AM
(#20)
Since: Apr 2011
Very nice graph from hand 5000 to date. Best of luck

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com