Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

bet-fold KK on nice safe flop?

Old
bet-fold KK on nice safe flop? - Sun Dec 29, 2013, 06:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
would u fold this? looks like a best flop to me, a lil bit drawy for flushes and straights also, and im still like super-best...
but only thing is set.. yeah..

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 09:11 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Very read dependant here. If the BB is known to be capable of cold calling a UTG raise from the blinds then check-raising the flop (a read that takes a lot of history), I'll give them credit for the set.

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 11:49 PM
(#3)
(Head Trainer)
Most players tend to have it in spots like this, in my experience, but I agree with Joe it's very read dependent. If villain plays draws aggressively then we can probably continue. We do block some of the flush draws since he can't have suited broadways with a K in them. If he overplays over pairs to the board, then we can stack him in profitably since we're not just paying off sets and flipping with nut flush draws, but also getting it in excellent vs. 99-QQ as well. If he's a wild bluffer, then we can certainly continue by calling and extracting from his bluff range by allowing him to bluff more.

Readless it's probably a fold rather than stack off 144bb's in a single raised pot.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 30, 2013, 02:33 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Most players tend to have it in spots like this, in my experience, but I agree with Joe it's very read dependent. If villain plays draws aggressively then we can probably continue. We do block some of the flush draws since he can't have suited broadways with a K in them. If he overplays over pairs to the board, then we can stack him in profitably since we're not just paying off sets and flipping with nut flush draws, but also getting it in excellent vs. 99-QQ as well. If he's a wild bluffer, then we can certainly continue by calling and extracting from his bluff range by allowing him to bluff more.

Readless it's probably a fold rather than stack off 144bb's in a single raised pot.
so optimally u would betfold? dat looks ultramegahyper nitty....
but anyway he would mb potbet OTT , potbet OTR if i go checkcalling , and then i wil have troublez if heartz comes

Old
Mon Dec 30, 2013, 04:36 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Optimal is a pretty scarce term without reads, I would do different things against different opponents, but if you insist on always playing readless then erring on the side of caution is probably better than clicking buttons.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com