Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom AJo vs SS

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom AJo vs SS - Mon Dec 30, 2013, 08:04 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is playing 45/26/0 AF=6 over just 33.

I don't know, I tend to get really caught up with these small samples sizes that I'm just starting to ignore them until they reach to 100 hands.

But I'd be more inclined to say that the villain is playing quite LAG.

What to do in these situations ? The hands that I beat didn't make sense to raise the flop (A5-AT). But hey, he seems to be playing quite crazy.

I ended up folding this hand because I thought it was a high variance spot.

What you guys think ?

Cheers!

Old
Tue Dec 31, 2013, 12:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

Against a villain who has been very LAGgy thus far over the small sample, I like to check/call these spots rather than c-bet. Guys like this can't help themselves but to bluff at the pot thinking we have JJ and they can push us off it. And the beauty is we won't lose value from A-rag because they'll bet that too thinking it's good. I've had so many spots like this where vs. a hyper aggressive player I've check/called all 3 streets and got barreled off by pure bluffs.

As played, I kind of don't like to bet/fold the top of my range vs. a hyper aggro guy here, but reraising would be horrid because he certainly has bluffs and he can just fold those if we raise again, so calling, and now going into check/call mode (to induce more bluffs and bullying) is the other option. Just make sure if you take this option, you are stacking off for his stack. If you're going to fold when you induce a shove, then just fold immediately.

Given his aggressive nature and his half stack, I would call the raise and check/call off personally. I assume he would 3b us with AK/AQ pre so we're paying off A4/A2/44/22, and getting paid by AT-A5/A3, and any pockets or pure bluffs he's getting out of line with... should be profitable in the long run vs. this type.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 31, 2013, 03:49 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
I would call and pretty much call off any turn.

He can be pretty bluff heavy on this flop texture.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com