Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Killeraxa's 2014 Challenge

Old
Killeraxa's 2014 Challenge - Mon Dec 30, 2013, 10:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Cash games

Starting by 4 tabling zoom 6-max zoom starting at 2NL with 25 buyins
5NL zoom 6-max when BR reaches $150 if I 10 buyins I will return to 2NL
10NL zoom 6-max when BR reaches $500 if I lose 20 buyins i will return to 5NL
25NL zoom 6-max when BR reaches $1125 If I lose 15 buyins I will return to 10 NL

SNG

Avoid at all cost

Tournaments

Will play 5 micro tournaments a week not including the VIP tournaments and special events if I have the BR to afford them.

Goals

Yearly Goal

Make a profit of $1000+
Become a 25NL reg
Avoid playing SNG unless its a satellite
Beat Adohole and Kwolf in profit

Monthly Goal

Achieve Silverstar+
Do a end of month HH session
Qualify for the Big Bang
Play Monthly VIP Tournaments

Weekly Goals

Make sure I'm on track with VPP's
Watch 2 educational videos
Review HH where $$ was lost
Play VIP tournaments

Daily goals

A minimum of 2000 hands per day
Atleast 2 hours per day of gameplay
Take breaks away from poker when tilted or bored

I am a recreational player who just enjoys playing the game, that and making a small profit are what matters. If I happen to go busto, Then I will reload and do it all over again. I will never give up on poker.

EDIT: My starting BR was actually $32 I didn't deposit to get $50 lol now I have $101 after week 1

Update #1 of Goals: I will be 8 tabling 5NL zoom with a $200 BR. The same rule applies for me to go 10NL, I need a BR of $500

Last edited by Killeraxa89; Sat Jan 18, 2014 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: New goals since SNG issues occurred :)

Old
Tue Dec 31, 2013, 04:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
best of luck m8 and keep on dreaming that youll beat me XD

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 01:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Really rooting for the two of you to crush the hypers this year - best of luck to you both!! Go go!!

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2014, 06:03 AM
(#4)
Wow something dreadful happened that I will not go into, the challenge must be redone given the current state.

More info to come

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2014, 05:47 PM
(#5)
Ok I blogged about it but it wont be up until tomorrow, I will switch back to zoom cash games so inc edit button

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2014, 09:22 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Having just seen your blog, I can totally understand why you amended your goals to SnGs: Avoid at all costs. :O
The variance in those hypers is incredible. Not for the faint-hearted, or terminally unlucky, that's for sure!

Better luck in cash!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 02:40 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Having just seen your blog, I can totally understand why you amended your goals to SnGs: Avoid at all costs. :O
The variance in those hypers is incredible. Not for the faint-hearted, or terminally unlucky, that's for sure!

Better luck in cash!
Yeah its a rough game, they say if you play around 10k games then thats a good sample to know how you will fair in SNG but I wouldn't survive that long

I rather play cash games for now, btw I need to read your blogs on some 2NL tips and strategies for tonight

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 09:57 PM
(#8)
Played 3035 hands today trying to figure stuff out about this game. I learned that fish (including myself) will call you down with ace high so bluffing is a big no.

I'm so noob cause yesterday I wasn't making the standard raise of 3x the BB ($0.06) at 2NL and was doing 2 times raise for normal hands and 3x for premium, that was a leak which I corrected thanks to Artys ABC guide

So with terrible play and some luck I managed to make a tiny(TINY) profit. If I played good I'd probably have a profit of $12 or so but I have no complaints, Stars was very good to me today. Like in this hand even though I got it in good I got huge luck on the river

EV line should be better in the future when I decide to stop chasing flush/str8 draws without good odds

I will read more ABC guides tomorrow and continue improving. Can't wait until my day off from work to put in a high volume, maybe 12k hands in one day? jk

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2014, 08:57 AM
(#9)
Hi guys its just day 6 and I'm still learning alot about 2NL my graph shows exactly that

I'm still making some huge mistakes, maybe cause I'm acting to fast 4 zoom tabling and making bad decisions lol I even folded AA once . I did experience some unlucky spots which I will post later. As for my hands played im around 13.5k hands played, still a very small sample maybe at the end of January playing over 55k hands will give me a better understanding of where im at

Tournaments

I think instead of saving FPPs for cash credits I will use them instead for tournaments(better than my cash roll) to play tournaments like

the Sunday Storm 5fpp rebuy
Silverstar VIP
the Sunday Two Grand 50 fpp
10/20 FPP Bronzstar Turbo
The Big Bang

Once I get to $150 I can maybe include cash tournaments like the

1.10 NL Hold'em 6-Max-Turbo
1.35 Turbo Knock out

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2014, 05:59 PM
(#10)
Went deep in the Big Bang but in the end couldn't reach the FT . I lost a crucial flip with 99 vs AQ and later busted with only 4 BB left.

I'll ship it next time The good news is I'm way ahead schedule with this cash and I know for sure 5NL is right around the corner

PokerStars Tournament #842579681, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00 USD
682 players
Total Prize Pool: $6820.00 USD
Tournament started 2014/01/11 13:00:00 ET

Dear Killeraxa89,

You finished the tournament in 13th place. A USD 51.15 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2014, 06:00 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
KA, that's fantastic - congrats!!

Great to hear things are looking up with the move to cash

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2014, 07:25 PM
(#12)
Since: Dec 2010
Nice goals! Keep it going!
Good job on your deep run in the big bang, hopefully you indeed chip it next time.

Keep that grinding in 2NL up

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2014, 07:28 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Nice run in the Big Bang killeraxa!

Old
Sun Jan 12, 2014, 06:13 AM
(#14)
Thanks guys Now when I woke up this morning I feel so disappointed I couldn't make the FT and possibly finish in top 3.

Funny thing I must admit playing the Big Bang, I was only looking to min cash then bust when I was around the 7k chip mark I avoided every hand except premiums and never called an allin for my tournament life until that bubble burst giving me my first cash in that tournament. That $10 excited me then I loosened up and accumulated chips and got lucky 3 times to make me chip leader with around 27 left.

But I have to give it to some of those guys I faced, they made unbelievable lay downs when I had the nuts one guy made it to 2nd place cause he knew I had him. Wish they were fish cause a 200k stack would have ensured my FT spot.

Anyway today I will use 100 of my FPP to try and qualify for the Sunday Storm and use $2 for sattys.

Old
Sun Jan 12, 2014, 08:58 PM
(#15)

Cash games

Hands played: 15832
Profit: $18.75

Tournaments

Tournaments played: 31
Profit: $44.95

Overall

Bankroll: $108.14
Net Profit: $63.70
VPP earned this month: 432
VPP earned this year: 432
VIP cash rewards: 0
VIP stellar rewards: 0
FPP balance: 86

Played some games on Iphone when I requested a hand history from Stars so figures are slightly off. If only I can have a decent week like this every time to get out of 2NL by next week That's the only way I can get Goldstar if I put in the volume.

My HM2 extended trial will end tomorrow so trying to see if Poker tracker will give me an extended trial next. I just can't bring myself to buying this software since I only use it for stats and graphs

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2014, 02:02 PM
(#16)
BR lingering around $110 for sometime now so I'm thinking I will take a stab at 5NL and if I lose 3 buyins I will drop back to 2NL and just continue putting in a higher volume .

Old
Sat Jan 18, 2014, 08:14 AM
(#17)
Its been working a little I have a new strategy where now I will be 8 tabling 5NL zoom 4 tables 6 max and 4 tables full ring I will do a volume session tonight for about 4 hours and see how it goes and post the results here. Lol hope I don't go broke, thinking maybe to load to $200 to beat the variance.

I'm happy with my terrible play so far that between tournaments and cash games I went from like $34 to $120 in two weeks. I will do my best to make sure this works, else I will readjust accordingly

Last edited by Killeraxa89; Sat Jan 18, 2014 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: Goal update

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com