Hi, villain is unknown.

Should I c-bet the flop ?

The river is a call or a fold ?

Cheers!

Old
Tue Dec 31, 2013, 02:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
Since you were the preflop agressor I think this is a good flop to c-bet.

I would deffo call the riverbet. He will have Ax so often here.
Any pocketpair higher than 5-5 would have bet flop and/or turn imo.

If he shows a 10 on the river, so be it

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 12:12 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2013
I'd definitely c-bet both flop and turn, ready to fold if he raises then. Then when he bets the river (if he gets that far) I can be fairly confident that he has the boat. You're repping a possible overpair with that line, so you have a good chance of being able to check back the river.

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 11:30 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

I would c-bet HU as the aggressor for sure. If called I don't think this is a good spot to barrel, the caller will have Tx slow playing, 5x, or pocket pairs a fair bit when they check/call the flop. Just take a free card and give up on the river. With reads all may be different.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 11:21 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
The thing is that I find myself everytime getting check/raised on this flops.
I mean, if he has an Ax or Qk type of hands I'm in front. And If he have a pair he's gonna call.
So I don't think I can make better hands fold and worst hands to call.

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 12:19 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Try filtering your database for times where you 3B preflop, the flop was paired, and you c-bet. I think you'll find you're not getting raised nearly as often as you think. When we do get raised here we have an easy fold, with the strength we've shown we're not getting exploited too often, and are drawing almost dead to Tx anyway.

When our c-bet gets called, it will often be buy a pair or ace high peeling. So we can get a few calls from worse hands. I agree better are not folding... now. But we should be prepared to barrel a lot of turns because their pair hand strength won't be able to get to showdown often. Stuff like 5x, 22-44, 66-88 will be hard pressed to call down when we keep betting as we will often have a big pair or ten ourselves, and overcards could hit us even when we didn't and were just c-betting. If we barrel the turn and get raised, we can fold pretty comfortably.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com