Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10Nl 6-max Zoom AKo vs limper

Old
10Nl 6-max Zoom AKo vs limper - Tue Dec 31, 2013, 09:10 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is unknown.

How to proceed with this hand post-flop ?

Cheers!

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 04:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi fp!

Preflop is standard. The texture of this flop seems to help the villain more than you. You are oop, but you have some potential to improve though. In spots like this I prefer to check-call the flop. I don't want to risk my c-bet getting raised forcing me to fold.

As played, I'm not sure about your 3b size. It is small for such a wet board. I would make it about 70% if I were to bet. This is to make it tougher for the villain to call with a significant part of his range.

On the turn, your equity improves with the 3rd club. Any A, K, Q or spade might give you the best hand. Yet, you don't have the ace for the nut flush draw. None of your outs (except the A of spades) are for the nuts. Again, rather than risk getting pushed out of the hand by a raise, I prefer to check with the intention of calling a smallish bet. Try to get to the river as cheaply as possible. Remember, the villain called your pf 3b and your flop cbet. He seems to like his hand. So, I dont expect him to fold often to your turn bet.

As played, folding to the turn raise seems fine, especially since it is unclear if any of your outs are actually good.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com