Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Danutz' 2014 targets

Old
Danutz' 2014 targets - Tue Dec 31, 2013, 12:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Hi all

Happy New year to everbody here on PSO....may we all run golden in 2014

Figured it may be a good idea to post some of my targets and goals for 2014, if just to pressure myself into achieving them if nothing else. I lost a lot of 'the buzz' that I used to get from playing poker the last 2 years, for reasons I may go into at a later date. My main goal recently has been to get that buzz and excitement back as it was before. That was one of the reasons I joined PSO despite being an 'experienced' player, hoping it would spark something inside me.

Well that first ignition has occurred and now by setting some challenging but achievable goals I want to make that flame grow in 2014

So for the next 12 months I have some primary goals:

-Start a blog and update at least once a week. I have never been one to really open myself up much but hope to use the blog to keep track of my poker goals, and thoughts and dreams.

-Concentrate and focus on MTT's and not get derailed chasing various pokersites promotions. MTT's have always been my main love in poker, and if I want to get my excitement for the game back in full then it is logical to try and do it by playing games I enjoy.

-Play at least 5,000 MTTS, average target buy in $10, overall target roi across all sites 50% = target profit $25k.

I know this is achievable and realistic, and will chat about why on my blog in due course. This target will be from playing across multiple sites as well as stars.

-Get to play at least 3 poker festivals in 2014. Nothing beats the buzz of going abroad and playing a festival, different cultures, meeting new people, and having fun. I have been lucky enough to do this many times previous on an 'ad hoc' basis, but hope to do a little more planning this year with them.

-Make $1000 in total cashes in 2014 in PSO Premier Skill League. Easy to min cash this, and pretty sure I can have 2 or 3 months where I get close to top 10 and all being well know I can do it.

Secondary goals:

If I achieve my primary goals there is a fair chance my secondary goals will come also but they are:

Hit 1 x 5 figure score and 10 x 4 figure scores in 2014

Win a Triple Crown ( gotta have ambition right )

Turn a nice little profit staking.

Make an overall profit from my festival trips....this means making enough from poker to cover flights/food/hotel etc.. I don't bother playing sats to get in to these trips so need to cover costs.

Right think that's about it...

Will get the blog running next few days and hope that will help direct my focus.

Good Luck to all of you guys again in 2014 and have a great one.

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 01:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danutz75 View Post
-Play at least 5,000 MTTS, average target buy in $10, overall target roi across all sites 50% = target profit $25k.

I know this is achievable and realistic, and will chat about why on my blog in due course. This target will be from playing across multiple sites as well as stars.

Just managing to turn a positive roi playing tourneys would make me happy

Will you be sharing any tips?

GL with 2014!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com