Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

River spot with 66 2NL 6 Max Zoom

Old
River spot with 66 2NL 6 Max Zoom - Wed Jan 01, 2014, 05:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
There actually isn't too much to analyse here (Great opening post for a hand posted in an analysis section but.....)

I'm just curious, against an unknown, is there ever value in raising on the river? It completes both straight and flush draws. So raising the river seems like it would only ever be value owning myself.

I even momentarily considered folding but there were enough hands I thought he could have. It was a limped pot so his range is really wide and could have floated the flop with overs, had two pair etc.

Last edited by GarethC23; Thu Jan 02, 2014 at 03:08 AM..

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 11:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi bhoy,

Check/raising on the river would be pretty horrible imo. tbh I'm not even sold on check/calling. He does play his hand like some sort of draw, so this river card is the absolute worst card in the deck. You got a good result here (make a note on him, his play was insanely bad!), but I would expect without a read that we are not good often enough when they bet this river to make calling profitable. 2 pair and 1 pair hands will generally check down such a bad board.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 02:34 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your comments, I knew that raising river would be pretty bad so not totally sure why I went ahead and asked. The question I should have been asking is one you went ahead and answered anyway.

There were a few reasons why I went ahead and made the call, it was far from an instacall, but most of them aren't sound reasons. Ive seen some pretty random stuff in this player pool and I think this probably contributed to making the call. That along with it already having been a good day probably just led me to press the call button. I was well in profit however the hand ended up, not sound reasons to call.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com