Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1 180 man-push or fold?

Old
$1 180 man-push or fold? - Wed Jan 01, 2014, 05:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
when im short stack and one or two players limp into the hand i dont know what to do with my good hand.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=1457162C38

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=CDB6591788

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 05:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2012
Im shoving both hands over limpers with 10bb

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 09:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Kinda depends how close to the money you are, but I'm generally getting it in in both spots.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2014, 12:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2013
Looks like still at least several levels before the money.

But in those spots, I'm jamming over limpers in general with 10BB.. but I'm considering if the villains have been actively limping or not, and/or if I've seen them limp fold previously, or even if I have seen them call off lightly... relative to their stacks.

Notes like these are key.

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2014, 03:18 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sapines1001!

What reads do you have on these players? The reason that I ask is that it's critical information that I need in order to base my decisions.

Both of these are either going to be shove or fold and the determining factor for me is going to be a read on the opps. The looser the opps are, the more likely that I am to jam. If the opps are nitty, then I could easily be behind and need to fold.

With these two hands, if I had to guess, the first one, the opps may be tighter (lower stacks), so I may be more inclined to fold.. but if they're small stacked due to playing a ton of hands, then I'll jam.

In the second, if the opps are loose (can very easily be due to being big stacked this early), then I'm more likely to jam too.

The key though is that the play needs to be made based on a read of the opps.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com