Hero bets 2/3 pot
Villian calls

Turn
Villain bets 50% pot
Hero calls

river
Villain bets 25% pot (and is all-in)
Hero calls

Should I have flatted pre? I think JJ is good enough to raise for value against a CO-bet. am I wrong?

I had to bet the flop didn't I? His check looked weak icm with his preflop call.
His call made me think he might have Kx.

The turn made Kx less likely and made my hand look better so I called. Should I have raised here and fold to shove?

river: Just didn't believe he had the . I couldn't fold my boat to a 25%pot bet. Was this foldable?

I think I messed up turnplay...but the rivercall was mandatory

Last edited by rkleefstra; Wed Jan 01, 2014 at 07:26 PM..

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 08:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
A 3-bet is pretty standard here unless the villain is an absolute nit

On the turn they donked 1/2 their stack. This only makes sense to me if it's a value bet.

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 12:23 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi rk,

Firstly, with an opponent playing somewhat tight I think flatting JJ in position is fine, and it's often better than 3-betting if it will fold out a lot of the worse hands he's opening with. It's tough to know without some key stats, like CO steal and fold to 3b, but in 119 hands we don't really have enough data for these. If the guy had a CO steal of 32% (up from 13% PFR over all) and a fold to 3B of 45%, then that would mean he's opening lighter than normal by a wide margin in this position and doesn't like to fold pre, so I'd 3B him with JJ all day for value. If his CO open is 15% (he's still opening his normal fairly tight raising range) and his F3B is 88%, then I would never 3B JJ here and always flat it. Given the limited stat line we do know, I lean towards flatting personally.

Second, the hand typed action you provided does not match the boom player... in the boomed hand the villain doesn't check/call the flop, he check/raises. When we get check-raised on such a dry board, I think it's safe to give up JJ immediately right there, villain is going to have AK or KQs a high % of the time, or a slow played AA. As played just fold to the turn bet... if he was making a move with the check/raise, our call there should have slowed him down considerably and he would not expect us to be folding now on this turn card.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 03:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
man, did I really miss that check raise on the flop ??? oke, major screw up.

Guess it was too late when I reviewed my session and thoought this hand was interesting to get analysed.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com