Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

LF advice on building a BR playing SNG/MTT

Old
LF advice on building a BR playing SNG/MTT - Thu Jan 02, 2014, 10:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
I learnt and started playing NLHE here on PSO about a year ago. I have deposited $20 twice and have spewed it tilting 2NL Zoom like a boss.

So not tilting is one of my major goals for 2014. I've had some success in 25c 90-man SNGs on Stars and 50c 9-man SNGs on Full Tilt. But nothing I can't tilt away if sucked out on a few times in Zoom

It seems I have to play some cash to keep Chromestar status and have access to the Privilege freerolls. But I don't realise I tilt for hours and playing cash means I am down 20 BIs before I know it. So I wish to avoid playing cash if I can help it and feel I can build a BR playing SNGs. And if I tilt 400 tourneys then perhaps this isn't a game for me?

For 2014, I thought I would play 400x 0.02c Hypers to learn to love and embrace variance and 400x 25c 90-man SNGs to get an idea of my ROI. Does this seem sound?
Should I move up a level (50c SNGs) as soon as I have made 40 BIs?

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 11:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
If tilt/variance are problems, then I would not recommend hyper-anything. Find MTT's with the longest levels out there (at least 10 min).

You also need to start making stop-loss amounts... set a maximum you are willing to lose. If you're losing that much at zoom.. avoid it. Find and play the games that you can beat. T

The stars mean absolutely nothing... the bottom line is how much you're making.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 12:28 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
If tilt/variance are problems, then I would not recommend hyper-anything. Find MTT's with the longest levels out there (at least 10 min).

You also need to start making stop-loss amounts... set a maximum you are willing to lose. If you're losing that much at zoom.. avoid it. Find and play the games that you can beat. T

The stars mean absolutely nothing... the bottom line is how much you're making.

John (JWK24)
How does one deal with tilt if not to take it by the horns?
The stars mean little to me, but the Privilege is good value, and I've been in the ITM more than a few times and haven't made Chromestar playing 25c tourneys, but playing 2NL Zoom.

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 01:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Nash!

You need to learn to never let your emotions play into your decisions. It's not something that happens quickly. The best person for helping with tilt is the thread that Jared Tendler has. He's the expert on the psychological side.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com