Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Any Premeir League Tips Welcomed

Old
Any Premeir League Tips Welcomed - Thu Jan 02, 2014, 12:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013
Yoo,im going to play my 1st premeir league in new year.I searched the forums for any tips but i only find open league stradegies.So looking forward to ur advices

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 12:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporMohawk View Post
Yoo,im going to play my 1st premeir league in new year.I searched the forums for any tips but i only find open league stradegies.So looking forward to ur advices

Players are not quite so generous when it comes to the premier tips as such huge amounts of free cash are up for grabs.

I think every player has to find their own style and way to combat the league that suits themselves and their game.

Good luck and see you at the tables.

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 09:18 PM
(#3)
ok lol thnx anyway

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 09:02 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2012
it seems like it's more deepstacked since you start with more chips in open, but it's actually more like a deep turbo. and eventhough players had to qualify through either open or that satellite league, people are still aren't very good - or even competent poker players.

you should find a tactic that's fitting you. either by playing tight in the begging, and getting an image that you can abuse(but again, some people wont even notice). i'd say you shouldn't be running any big bluffs because people call alot. just raise in position, play good hands out of position, value bet calling stations, cbet against any player anyway. when you get deeper you dont have to raise that much due to shallow stacks, and you can shove lighter against people.

just start playing some games and you'll figure out where you need to improve - and just google where you lack knowledge. e.g "blind stealing", cbetting, double-barreling, 3betting light etc.

the best tournaments to play are those with the smallest fields 02:00 CET, and 08:00 CET. bigger fields requires you to win more pots, it would seem as if it's better because you see a range of different players good-bad, but it's all about getting ITM, FT and win. the point system is so garbage that playing the smallest fields helps you the most it's easier to get ITM, FT and win.

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2014, 12:48 AM
(#5)
Ok Tarek thnx for ur interest and help,im afraid to play KK in this site whn i see a raise but ty for ur comments,gluck at the tables

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2014, 05:56 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
i understand your worries when in a league, but you should never be afraid of playing premium pp's.
and another thing to remember is its not the site but the players who call with worse and get lucky.
but good luck in your next goal, you dont seem to be doing to bad at the moment.

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2014, 06:48 PM
(#7)
Hi anti5ive,first of all ty for sharing ur ideas and advices,i pretty much agree with ur ideas but i disagree in 1 point,u say u have to blame the players not the site but its not true..Bcs thy hv monster hands too whn i have monster hands.Let me give u an example,i was excited because i was gonna play my first premeier legue,in first two tourneys i ended up eliminated early on bcs i played KK,2 times vs AA,i mean the other players dont call or raise with nothing.Im not blaming the site also,maybe im just 2 unlucky ,im just telling wht im experiencing,im not blaming the site.Good Luck with ur hands best wishes

Old
Sun Jan 19, 2014, 02:39 AM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2012
will throw in my 2cents,,

early in the month, don't worry too much about getting busted early, it wont affect your position so much, its the middle and onwards that are more crucial.

as mentioned above, never be afraid to play your monsters just like in a normal mtt,, the variance is exactly the same as normal mtts and, ok, so you have crashed into AA twice with KK, odds of this is very small and just put it down to bad luck,, the stats will smooth out over the month.

getting and staying in the premier league is, in my opinion, pretty easy, but staying high up in the leaderboards is not, this involves more luck than skill in my opinion and, as Tarek says, premier plays like a turbo the deeper you get.

the first hour you should be playing very tag (tight and aggressive), second hour depends on your stack, if you have doubled in the first hour, maintain the tightness, if not, then loosen up a bit to get that double up,, third hour, use the timebank as much as possible to get yourself deeper and just ignore the 'zzzzzzzzzz's' that you will get in chat, lol

after the middle of the month ( maybe even before if it helps you ) check your table opponents' positions in the league table at pso to give you an idea of how much they play, where they are standing, where they have placed in previous torneys for the month etc, these stats will help you in some spots. some premier plays play uber tight all the way through the tourney and you can easily exploit them with 3bets, shoves and blind steals.

as usual, note taking as much as possible is crucial, and , vice versa, your table image too. first few months establish your table image, then after that, you can use this to your advantage.

i think i have a few more tips, but cant think of them right now, will keep adding here as they come to mind,,
and, oh, yeah, finally, if i raise, remember to ALWAYS fold

hanny

Old
Sun Jan 19, 2014, 07:19 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporMohawk View Post
Here you go.... www.pokerschoolonline.com/articles/MTT-PSO-Skill-League-Strategy#ixzz2bVXRNWpQ

The above link will give you all the tips for new Premier League players, give it a read before you play your next tournament.

All the info in this article will help you to stay in the Premier League from month to month (ie. top 800 on Leaderboard qualify), and then the actual playing experience you get by playing the PL, with these tips in mind, would "phase two".

But you need a "foundation" to build on before taking the "next step", and this article is that foundation.

It worked for me anyway, just wanted to share the info.

Give it a read and keep it handy while playing, and let us know if it helps.

SL

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com