Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10Nl 6-max Zoom AKs OOP

Old
10Nl 6-max Zoom AKs OOP - Thu Jan 02, 2014, 12:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is unkown.

How do you think the way I played the hand ?
checking the turn to check/call I think it's band since there are draws out there right ?

Cheers!

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 04:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I've literally just come out of a lesson with GarethC about bet/folding, and I think that this is a prime example of when the bet/fold should be employed.

You make a really large 3Bet preflop against villain's UTG open and he calls. You then fire two decent barrels on the flop and turn for value, which is great, but looks very strong to the opponent. There's no reason why hands like AA, KK or 88 aren't in your range which your opponent has to take into accouht

So when he raises all in on the turn, I think he's never got a worse hand than AK, therefore you should just fold when he shoves. Judging by the small preflop raise size, I suspect he has 44 or more likely 88.

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 07:10 PM
(#3)
I decided to call since his stats seemed like a crazy maniac (although only like 10 hands).
He had KQo.

But should we fold with so much money invested ? and SPR so low ?

I think that if he's sort of aggressive, his is shoving his Kx hands since the board was wet.

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 08:13 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
We are far from pot committed so we are easily in a position to fold if we think the action is too hot.

My analysis was based on an unknown, but if you've got reads that he's a maniac/fish and you think he'll often take this line with worse Kx or some sort of draw, then I agree that calling is probably the right play.

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 10:03 AM
(#5)
Hi spand42, but shouldn't we be commited with SPR around 2 and a TPTK on the turn ?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com