Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

January Jumpstart - Official Discussion

Old
January Jumpstart - Official Discussion - Thu Jan 02, 2014, 12:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012

Start the New Year with a VPP boost!

Every player on the world’s largest poker site can enjoy a great range of benefits thanks to the PokerStars VIP Club. And in 2014, you can earn up to $1,200 in cash VIP Stellar Rewards, plus reach your VIP level, even faster with a special January VIP Player Points (VPP) boost!

By opting-in to the free January Jumpstart offer, you’ll receive a one-off bonus of up to 1,000 VPPs, bringing you one step closer to your desired VIP status. You’ll also access VIP Stellar Rewards - instant cash credits you can purchase from the VIP Store throughout the year - much quicker. Don’t forget: the more real money games you play, the more VPPs you earn!

How to get your January Jumpstart VPPs

•Opt into January Jumpstart using Star CodeJUMPSTART’ before 23:59 ET on January 8.
•Once opted-in, your monthly and yearly VPPs will be boosted as per the table below. The higher your VIP Level, the more Jumpstart VPPs you will receive.
•Track your monthly and yearly VPP total by checking the VPP counter under ‘Cashier’ > ‘VIP Status’ in the PokerStars lobby.

TIP: If you think you will reach a higher VIP level by January 8 (the last opt-in date), wait until this date to opt-in and maximise your VPP boost.

BronzeStar: 15 VPPs
ChromeStar: 25 VPPs
SilverStar: 125 VPPs
GoldStar: 625 VPPs
PlatinumStar & higher: 1,000 VPPs

If you have a pending bonus then your VPP boost will count towards clearing that bonus, so you will earn it even faster!

Please Note: Only monthly and yearly VPPs will be credited with January Jumpstart. No FPPs will be awarded. The amount of Jumpstart VPPs credited to your account is based on your current VIP status at the time you opt-in. To take part in the promotion, opt-in using Star Code ‘JUMPSTART’ before 23:59 ET on January 8.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 02:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2013
i am chrome star and i have already applied for jump start but not sure what to do next ?

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 02:35 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokr02 View Post
i am chrome star and i have already applied for jump start but not sure what to do next ?
I'm guessing once it's been confirmed you will receive an extra 25 VPPs for free.

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 03:06 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
After you have entered your Star Code then all you have to do is wait. A short while after you should find your free VPPs have been awarded. You can view your VIP Status in the PokerStars client by clicking on the Cashier button.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 10:24 PM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2013
thanks guys

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 01:25 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2012
Anyone received their jumpstart yet after putting in the star code?

Its probably not automated so not too worried yet but I thought it would have been done by now.

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 01:32 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
Anyone received their jumpstart yet after putting in the star code?

Its probably not automated so not too worried yet but I thought it would have been done by now.
Ya I got mine about half an hour ago

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 01:32 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2013
Hi there bhoy... I just received mine not long ago.

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 01:54 AM
(#9)
Mine is in now too. Thanks guys.

Have to say this promo is a real boost. Can build some more rest days into the schedule.

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 03:46 AM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2011
Quote:
Mine is in now too. Thanks guys.

Have to say this promo is a real boost. Can build some more rest days into the schedule.
How many VPP did you have or what is your status when you opt-in and how many boost did you get?

Is it not risky to opt-in during the last day? I might into some technical problems and don't get my opt-in in time. I opt-in for the January Daily Challenge yesterday and still no confirmation from stars.

Also, does it mean that if I earn 125VPP and opt-in before the deadline I will get a SilverStar status?

Regards and thank you.

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 04:52 AM
(#11)
ggervacio ,from what i have read if you are say at chrome and play and earn enuf VPP's to make silver status by the deadline date, then you will recievr the jumpstart bonus for sivlverstar which would be 125 vpp

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 05:03 AM
(#12)
At the time you opt-in, if you are Silverstar, you will receive 125VPPs free of charge.

If you think you can reach Gold Star by the 8th then it makes sense to wait and do it then because you get more.

Same if you are Bronze or Chrome and think you will make Silverstar. Wait until you achieve the status.

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 05:24 AM
(#13)
I knew I misunderstood that! too good to be true! Anyway, thanks for the reply guys.

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 05:33 AM
(#14)
Since: Feb 2011
I've heard nothing from Pokerstars on both this and the January Daily Challenge. Do they email you or can I check anywhere whether I've been opted in?

I did get confirmation from the PSO of my Chrome Boost opt in. I should maintain Chrome this week easily so this should be a a nice bonus for me especially if I reach Silver Star by the end of the month.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 06:15 AM
(#15)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggervacio View Post
I knew I misunderstood that!
omg, some of these promos can be so confusing - think I've still been misunderstanding ... double d'oh!!

Hopefully I've got it now

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 07:40 AM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverFlat View Post
ggervacio ,from what i have read if you are say at chrome and play and earn enuf VPP's to make silver status by the deadline date, then you will recievr the jumpstart bonus for sivlverstar which would be 125 vpp
I wish it would have been the other way around!!!

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 07:44 AM
(#17)
TIP: If you think you will reach a higher VIP level by January 8 (the last opt-in date), wait until this date to opt-in and maximise your VPP boost.

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 07:56 AM
(#18)
Quote:
I can probably get the 25VPP boost, but still not enough for me to reach Silverstar. I still need to work my butt really hard to reach Silver. But Bonus is a Bonus no matter how you look at it! Do you guys know if PStars has a promo similar to FullTilt's Happy Hour where you get twice as much points on certain time?

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 08:21 AM
(#19)
they do offer happy hour bounuses like Full-Tilt but I haven't seen any at this time

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 09:21 PM
(#20)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
At the time you opt-in, if you are Silverstar, you will receive 125VPPs free of charge.

If you think you can reach Gold Star by the 8th then it makes sense to wait and do it then because you get more.

Same if you are Bronze or Chrome and think you will make Silverstar. Wait until you achieve the status.
Yes I opted-in a few hours ago and got a pop-up saying 125 VPPs credit even though I wasn't at Chrome this month.

Got me thinking in this "jumpstart" promotion it is just possible for Bronze to Chrome earning 100 VPPs now in 8 days (for the +10 free VPPs).

But quite ridiculous for Chrome to Silver to earn +400 more VPPs now in 8 days (for the +100 free VPPs).

Then to earn 2000 VPPs, so +1500 more VPPs now in 8 days for Silver to Gold. Those promo bean counters had a melt down.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com