Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6Max Zoom - River bluff on flush

Old
Smile
25NL 6Max Zoom - River bluff on flush - Thu Jan 02, 2014, 01:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010

Villain - 53/41 (17 hands) All his stats are hyper-aggressive but over a very small sample size.

Since it was checked round OTF, I decided to try and take the pot there and then as I might have had the best hand which would be difficult to play on future streets. Maybe I was better off just checking and seeing a free turn?

As played I decided to call the check/raise, assuming he had a set or a flush draw. I don't think he'd check/raise a small overpair and I guess he would 3Bet his big overpairs preflop in line with his aggressive tendencies. I might also be able to rep a flush draw depending on how the rest of the hand proceeded.

Again I decided to call the turn - maybe not the best as my outs might be dirty.

Then the flush card came. The villain took a little bit longer than before to bet and then bet quite small. I just felt that this looked really weak and that he didn't like the flush draw that had just come in. So I decided to shove, even though he's getting great odds to call.

I think I've got different options on every street - I'd be interested to hear what people think.

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 03:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
I just bow in utter respect...

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 03:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
He is super aggressive so why not to get it in OTF? OTR you represent a flush when super aggressive guy might have it them self I would fold OTF or max OTT

Last edited by Shichi-77; Thu Jan 02, 2014 at 03:51 PM..

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 12:04 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Considering villain's multiway x/r his range will probably contain a ton of good flushdraws and very strong hands himself. We also do not block any clubs and represent a flush only with this play. All in all even though it could work at least some % of the time I don't like the chances of making him fold OTR too often to make it a +EV play.

Calling flop is good, OTT I think you don't have enough equity to continue against a strong range unless you turn more profit making your hand or bluffing successfully when you miss some % of the time. Given that you draw to a very obvious outs I feel like folding is best OTT.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com