Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Live training

Old
Live training - Thu Jan 02, 2014, 01:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
Just new to poker stars, joined up the poker school!

The live training, is it just watching videos? Or will some one go over hands with you?

Thanks

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 02:30 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

A trainer can do a review of hands for you during a session. There is a class 1/2 hour from now looking at common bet/fold situations. Pop along and have a look:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/edu...sion/?id=32549

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 02:35 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Welcome to PSO!

It's a live presentation in a classroom by a live trainer, topics may include the trainer playing in real time or reviewing a prior sessions hands, specific hand/spot reviews, theory presentations, or member hand reviews, among other things.

Check out Gareth's class today (thanks Forrest!) for a better idea of what goes on.

Regards,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 11:56 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
Hello larsonbhoy7,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Play review - Tue Jan 07, 2014, 07:02 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi Dave

How would I go about getting my play reviewed from an online tournament

Regards

Rabbitzfoot

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 11:42 AM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Rabbitz,

You can request a live training review by reaching out to the trainer via PM or email. If you have a preference on which trainer then reach out to that one... if you don't have a preference feel free to contact me with what kind of review you're looking for (mtt/sng/cash etc) and I'll take it or we can find a good fit. Then you would need to email the PokerStars hand histories for the review to the trainer... we need the PS hand history format to load to the replayer.

Once that's done we would schedule a class to cover the review. Bear in mind we do them on largely a first come, first serve basis, and we do play our schedules in advance, so the review date will typically take a month before it comes on the calendar... but the price is right, as compared to hiring someone for private coaching.

Also if you have a specific are of focus you want, make sure to indicate that. We can go through the tournament and look for spots to address, but also can target a topic. Examples might be defending your blinds vs. steal position raises, facing 3-bets, etc. It's very easy for me to load your mtt/cash hands into PokerTracker4 and apply filters to quickly identify hands that fit into specific scenarios like this for targeted discussions.

Regards,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 23, 2014, 07:46 AM
(#7)
Hi Dave

Thank you for your email, I have no preference on which trainer reviews my play. I am keen to have my play from an online tournament reviewed. I am particularly interested in covering play on later streets, ranging players, also deciding on river checks or bets for value.

I shall email you the last significant tournament for review and look forward to it hopefully being turned into a training video

Many Thanks

Rabbitzfoot

Old
Many Thanks - Tue Mar 18, 2014, 11:22 AM
(#8)
Hi Dave,

Thank you for the tournament review, just watching it was an eyeopener - mainly due to the fact I can appreciate how much I have improved in the last few months. And facing the realisation that the results I have had in previuos tournaments have been largely due to luck. This improvement has been down to the PSO training videos which are invaluable.
When watching the review all of the points covered I was aware I was making a mistake which is promising, the only thing that I am still trying to understand is the points you raised about the post flop play in the first hand reviewed where I mistakenly did not raise with kings and the flop came Qd Jd?? and 6h I think and then Ad came on the turn. I wanted just a bit of clarification on your points about betting for value and as a bluff. ~If you could elaborate that would be much appreciated.

My other half watched the review and even commented how friendly the PSO training members were, since the review I have had people contact me and thank me for submitting the review which was very nice. Love the community support.

Would it be possible to submit another tournament review in the future or do you limit the reviews to just one per person?

Thanks again

Rabbitzfoot

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 01:55 PM
(#9)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Rabbitz,

You are not limited to only 1 submission for review, I've done a second for some members already... although in a wait list of requests I will tend to give some preference to first time requests over recent reviews. I try to provide Live Training reviews on largely a first come, first served basis (subject to some minor juggling for scheduling issues), but if you just had a review last week and submit again immediately, you may wait a tad longer. If you submit something a few months down the road, it's going to be back in that first come, first served basis usually, depending on demand.

Cliff notes: You can receive more than 1, but we do like to give everybody who wants one a chance so if there's lots of new requests at that time you may wait a bit longer.

Regarding the first hand... the key point to think about is when we bet, can we reasonably expect to get called by worse hands (value) or can we reasonably expect better hands to fold (bluff). So in this situation:

eat 1: StanNadolski (1500 in chips)
Seat 2: Mum_Superior (2420 in chips)
Seat 3: rabbitzfoot (1480 in chips)
Seat 4: Oiigen (1500 in chips)
Seat 5: the Boss Epe (1420 in chips)
Seat 6: whatyagot198 (1500 in chips)
Seat 7: gobey bank (680 in chips)
Seat 8: ARSENxxLUPEN (1500 in chips)
Seat 9: DJFr@nsie (1500 in chips)
rabbitzfoot: posts small blind 10
Oiigen: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to rabbitzfoot [Kd Kc]
the Boss Epe: folds
whatyagot198: folds
gobey bank: folds
ARSENxxLUPEN: folds
DJFr@nsie: folds
StanNadolski: folds
Mum_Superior: calls 20
rabbitzfoot: calls 10
Oiigen: checks
*** FLOP *** [6d Jd Qh]
rabbitzfoot: bets 40
Oiigen: folds
Mum_Superior: calls 40
*** TURN *** [6d Jd Qh] [Ad]
rabbitzfoot: bets 80
Mum_Superior: calls 80

We bet the flop, which is good, it's a value bet as it's reasonable for many worse hands to call us... a host of worse 1 pair hands and draws.

On the turn, it ceases to become so. If you list out what you think the villain's range is (starting with the prelfop limp, and narrowed by calling your flop bet), then see how the Ad impacts that range? Some hands improve (and are all beating us now), while some don't (and those that don't improve and pass us up will be scared by the Ad). So this turn card serves to make it much more difficult for worse hands to call (for us to get value), and at the same time no better hands will fold. Additionally, some of the hands that are beating us may raise our turn bet, which really stinks because we have a draw to the nuts and we don't want to get raised off it. So I would prefer to check/call here instead of betting again on the turn.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Repeat perscription - Wed May 07, 2014, 04:28 PM
(#10)
Hi Dave,

Hope you are well, have you received my email enquiring about another review? I can appreciate you are busy however I was unsure if I sent it to the correct email address

Regards

Rabbit

Old
Wed May 07, 2014, 05:18 PM
(#11)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitzfoot View Post
Hi Dave,

Hope you are well, have you received my email enquiring about another review? I can appreciate you are busy however I was unsure if I sent it to the correct email address

Regards

Rabbit
I don't recall seeing one, no... please resend.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com