Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

ATo line of play

Old
ATo line of play - Fri Jan 03, 2014, 06:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Would you raise the river bet?

Old
Fri Jan 03, 2014, 09:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Why on earth would you ever raise?

I think it's a fold. We are at the bottom of our range and dont beat any value hand.

I also think your flop bet is too big for this board texture.

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2014, 01:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey IBNash

I think that your raise sizing in general is too big, at this stage of the tournament a 2.5x raise will get the same job done as a 3x raise and your cbet sizing ought to be less. J77 rainbow is a pretty dry flop and there's not many hands that villain will continue with so there's no need for us to bet more than half the pot.

When villains leads out for 8k on the river I think we're beat waaaay more often that not so if we do raise his bet, we must be aware that we are raising as a bluff and not for value. I don't think bluff raising is awful here as villain has Jx and Qx hands a lot of the time. I'd personally prefer to just call though cos I'm a nit in spots like these .

Cheers, Chris.

Last edited by ChewMe1; Sat Jan 04, 2014 at 07:46 PM..

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2014, 05:05 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Why on earth would you ever raise?

I think it's a fold. We are at the bottom of our range and dont beat any value hand.

I also think your flop bet is too big for this board texture.
I thought we want to keep standard bet sizings? My post flop sizings are 55% 66% 76% and 89%. Should I add 44% as a standard cbet size for when the flop texture isn't great, wouldn't this be a tell over time?
Forget value, wouldn't fat stacked opps try to pot-control the River with AT/KT/QT/Tx, ever? How many times could I behind here HU?

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2014, 05:14 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi IBNash!

I use 50%, 66% (2 opps), 75% (3 opps), 100% (4+ opps). Anything smaller can price opps in.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2014, 03:36 PM
(#6)
Since: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post

I use 50%, 66% (2 opps), 75% (3 opps), 100% (4+ opps). Anything smaller can price opps in.
Hey, John

I use 45%, 65%, 85% and 105%. Isn't that too aggressive or smth? Appreciate your comments!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com