Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom. Facing checkshove OTR vs shorty

Old
5nl zoom. Facing checkshove OTR vs shorty - Sat Jan 04, 2014, 09:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011

Am I setting up myself against bluffs? Can I squeeze at least something with the turn bet?

How should this line go given the situation?

Last edited by morduk666; Sat Jan 04, 2014 at 09:24 PM..

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2014, 12:46 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
I'm betting the turn no matter what - 3 flush board?

OK, then if jam raised with a stupid - I've got an Ace (no value), let it go. Smaller re-raise to our turn bet not sure what to do.

As played, not betting the turn and such a small river bet you are open to be bluffed. We will never know. Sort of think like "what does your opponent call pre flop" with?

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sun Jan 05, 2014 at 12:51 AM.. Reason: not scared of 3 flush card board

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2014, 09:54 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi morduk666,

Because the turn brings an Ace (an overcard to our pair) it turns our hand into a 2 street value hand instead of 3 imo.
With that said, we need to be checking one street either turn or river. Being OOP also makes things worse for us because we won't be able to check back the river. So I think we can either bet/fold turn and check/fold river OR check turn and bet/fold river. I think each line would serve a better purpose depending on the villain type; if the villain is passive then we can check and not worry about getting bluffed in which case I would prefer betting the turn because they might call with some naked diamond chasing the flush but will not bet as a bluff when we check the river to them. Against a strong opponent it gets tricky especially when we are OOP. Somehow, I'm more inclined to bet the turn because I really don't want to give a free card here.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com