Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Luckyleafs BankrollBuilder

Old
Luckyleafs BankrollBuilder - Sat Jan 04, 2014, 10:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2014, 11:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 08:41 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Hand for Analysis: Slow players let me catchup on the turn from my BB - Mon Jan 06, 2014, 03:13 PM
(#4)

I checked my BB to the turn and caught top pair (low kicker), and made a pot size bet. Two callers. Insignificant river. I bet again and got raised. Should probably have folded, but thought opponents would have bet something on the flop if they had anything.

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 08:28 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 04:07 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyleafs View Post

I checked my BB to the turn and caught top pair (low kicker), and made a pot size bet. Two callers. Insignificant river. I bet again and got raised. Should probably have folded, but thought opponents would have bet something on the flop if they had anything.
Hi luckyleafs!

Q7o is a pretty weak hand, so checking your option in the big blind preflop is perfect. At play money and at 2nl real money, never bluff! You miss the flop so again checking is your only good option.

On the turn you get top pair. However, as you noted, your kicker is quite weak. You can lead out as you did, nobody has shown any strenth so taking a shot at the pot is fine with top pair. However, if you get raised, you need to be carefull and should probably fold. I suggest betting a bit smaller, perhaps half the pot though. When you get two callers you need to slow down. With so many players getting to see the flop, there is a greater chance that someone has a decent hand.

The river probably didnt help anyone. but since you got two callers on the turn, would recommend checking with the intention of calling a smallish bet letæs say half the pot or so. By checking we keep the ranges of the villains wide allowing them to bet with hands that you are beating. It also helps to keep the pot small. Your hand is not strong enough to be betting here for value. Moreover, by betting nearly potsized as you did, you create a spot where you risk getting value owned. This means that all the hands you are beating are likely to fold which in turn means you win less than you could have (with a smaller bet or letting them bet). The only hands likely to call/raise are the hands beating you which in turn means you lose more than need be. As played when the villain raises you here on the river, it is rarely a bluff. Folding is your best option. Having a single pair and with a weak kicker is not strong enough to warrant investing much of our stack. There is a poker saying: "small pots for small hands. Big pots for big hands." It works

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Completed all 3 steps - Tue Jan 07, 2014, 07:36 PM
(#7)
Thanks for the feedback. I've now completed all 3 steps.

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 09:48 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyleafs View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I've now completed all 3 steps.
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com