Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Was this a good fold?

Old
Was this a good fold? - Mon Jan 06, 2014, 06:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
I was a bit concerned by the number of calls pre flop. But once the flop come out I felt I should still Cbet and was thank full to only 1 caller and felt I had the best hand until the tern 3 bet. Am I playing to tight today?

Reads 16.7/506/7.1 over 36 hands

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 06:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
Without huge skill edge opening KJo so early is –EV. KJs you could do IMO at 2NL.

Good fold, as you are not only hindered with kicker problems but also the multiway pot dictates that you are here usually against minimum of 2 pairs.

Last edited by braveslice; Mon Jan 06, 2014 at 06:51 AM..

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 07:13 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
Do we want to even cbet this flop? Most likely we will be underdogs in here, don't we?

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 08:28 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm not sure what your reads mean? Anyways I don't think they're too relevant for this hand.

In full ring you should only be opening for a raise with a narrow range of your premium hands from early position as you are likely to be out of position if you see a flop and you have no idea what hands the other 7 players still to act are holding.

This flop perfectly illustrates why KJo is a risky hand to open in early position. You hit the flop pretty well, but I think that check/folding is optimal. With 6 other players in the pot, it is almost certain that someone has a better hand than you or at least have draws that will make the pot very difficult for you to play on future streets.

I'd only be comfortable in CBetting an overpair or better in a spot like this.

As played again I think the turn is a check/fold. The three even means 64 just got there but I doubt you were ahead of villain too often anyways, he could easily have some two pair combo or even KQ/AK.

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 08:20 AM
(#5)
Looking over other hands in this session its clear I was having some mental problem in my game and was playing too loss. Thanks for all you input

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 08:24 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michae2005 View Post
Looking over other hands in this session its clear I was having some mental problem in my game and was playing too loss. Thanks for all you input
It's great that you've gone back over previous hands you've played and identified this as a common theme in some of the hands you are losing.

Every poker player has leaks in their game, the more you can plug, the more profitable you will be!

I look forward to seeing more hands in the future as you continue to progress as a poker player.

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 08:31 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
It's great that you've gone back over previous hands you've played and identified this as a common theme in some of the hands you are losing.

Every poker player has leaks in their game, the more you can plug, the more profitable you will be!

I look forward to seeing more hands in the future as you continue to progress as a poker player.
Thank you

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 08:39 AM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2013
I think the only good fold with this hand is the one you should be making pre-flop

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 08:43 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danutz75 View Post
I think the only good fold with this hand is the one you should be making pre-flop
Yeah I know.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com