Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6Max Zoom - Badly played QQ?

Old
25NL 6Max Zoom - Badly played QQ? - Mon Jan 06, 2014, 07:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010

Villain: 34/27 AF:2.88 (104 hands)

During this hand, I remember I had no real clue what was the best line to take. Reviewing it afterwards I still don't know if I should have played my hand faster or found a fold somewhere earlier?

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 08:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2013
Ewwww that is one ugly board :P

Liked your 3 bet pre, nice bet sizing.

Flop is a little weird, think you have to raise or fold. Don't really like a flat here. That board is really pretty wet so if the villain wants to see another card I would want it to be expensive.

Once the turn comes I think the hand is over for us, you are right in my eyes to slam the brakes on and just try and get to the end of the hand as cheap as possible

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 09:36 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Shove flop.

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 04:12 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2012
You need 3bet pot stats here, not overall I think. Raising c bet in a 3bet pot is too strong , he might flat with KK-AA pre and I think fold OTF is the best.

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 05:11 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichi-77 View Post
You need 3bet pot stats here, not overall I think. Raising c bet in a 3bet pot is too strong , he might flat with KK-AA pre and I think fold OTF is the best.
He only had once raised CBet in 3 opportunities overall (which would include this hand), so I don't have any data overall never mind in 3Bet pots specifically.

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 06:10 AM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2011
I think we should three-bet the flop for value against this player. We have backdoor everything anyways

We're going to get a lot of folds and stack some worse. When we get it in bad, I think that will be okay.

We have turns that help us, but actually, they help a perceived bluff in our villain's range always.

Take the T turn, it completes 78 and KQ

A club turn gives us clubs but we could be drawing dead

I think we should just put the monies in and I think it will be more profitable to flatting or folding.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com