Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6Max Zoom - Flopped trips vs aggression

Old
25NL 6Max Zoom - Flopped trips vs aggression - Mon Jan 06, 2014, 07:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010

Villain: 19/16, AF: 3 (157 hands)

I was pretty sure that villain had at least Tx, if not a boat. I'm losing to all boats, AT and KT and T9. I was only beating JT, T8 and maybe T7.

Am I ranging the villain reasonably or is this too nitty a fold?

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 09:33 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
In terms of relative hand strength our hand is actually towards the bottom part of our range so I dont mind a fold even though his line is FOS on a TT4 board.

I also think we should be cbetting smaller with our entire range on this board texture.

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 06:00 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
In terms of relative hand strength our hand is actually towards the bottom part of our range so I dont mind a fold even though his line is FOS on a TT4 board.

I also think we should be cbetting smaller with our entire range on this board texture.
Damn birdayy you are getting good

we clearly don't charge enough round here

I want to echo these sentiments. I think you played the hand pretty perfectly.

I think the river is the only point where one could disagree, but on balance, I favour a fold here. I think this is a spot where we should call with AT and fold QT (and probably it doesn't matter with KT either way).

A smaller c-bet size may be in order but not by much. Realize that if you saw this hand versus the same player but heads-up I would call down with KT and QT becomes closer, but still probably a fold. Nice play

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com