Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10Nl 6-max 88 River

Old
10Nl 6-max 88 River - Tue Jan 07, 2014, 12:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is playing 12/8/0 over 108 hands.

On the river, should I just call his 3B or shove over the top ? or even think on folding ?

Cheers!

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 01:29 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
I think you played the river fine, we only lose to AA,A9, and pocket nines. if he has one of those hands so be it.

I would have probably checked back the flop. 88 is not a monster vs him and I don't know if he folds TT-KK for one bet and we have showdown value. A check also allows us to call a turn bet and re evaluate the river. as I said above I think your river play is fine.

gl at the tables

Last edited by FireMedic815; Tue Jan 07, 2014 at 01:32 PM..

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 06:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
On the flop, I'd be highly suspicious when a nit doesn't CBet an Axx flop. I would expect villain to CBet nearly all of his range apart from the nut hands like AA, A9 (unlikely) or 99. Even if he does have something like KK-TT that he doesn't want to CBet with, I don't think he's going to fold to a flop float bet. Therefore I'd just check it back and fold if unimproved.

You decide to bet. I think if you're going to take this line to try and fold out KK-TT, I think you should continue to bet the turn.

The river is an interesting spot. I actually think this is probably a fold unless you think he's capable of bluffing.

What value hands could he have that he would raise like this after raising from UTG? I think he's got no 9x in his preflop range other than 99. He wouldn't play AK/AQ like this, he'd likely just CBet the flop or play it like this and just call your river raise. The only value hand you're beating is 66, but I doubt he calls the flop bet with this.

Therefore realistically you have to think he's got complete air or overplayed AK about 25% of the time - I doubt that this is the case.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com