Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

A sequel of Challenges

Old
A sequel of Challenges - Tue Jan 07, 2014, 01:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
So, I started my blog mostly to answer a question I had.

Is it possible to get from $2 to $20 in less than 2 months?

Before I came to PSO I've read a few things about poker and about how pro's could easily start off with $1 and get it all up to around $1000 in a year or so.

So I decided to check if it was actually possible for a beginner to do it following a certain set of rules. I've searched around and got myself landing on the PSO website where I found the tools and the means to start my challenge.

I'm now sitting at around $20 only 13 days after I set my challenge (which I thought would take a month to get to).

Now I'm starting my next challenge $20 to $100 I'm hoping I can get there in 2-3 months times if I keep playing as regularly as I've been and also I hope to give my BR a boost by starting to play some SnGs.

I'd like to have some feedback on some of the hands I'll be playing but mostly on how to move up the ladder on Poker.

Here's the link for my blog: Next Challenge $20-$100

Old
Fri Jan 10, 2014, 06:04 PM
(#2)
Hey there!

So I added 2 more new posts, I'm almost posting a post a day, because for me atm everything is exciting and alot of things have happened.

I'm trying to keep it simple and also I'm trying to make it so that I pass the more important lessons I've learned so far.

I'm not a pro yet and I still consider myself close to a fish, but a lil' bit better than those, since I'm actually able to generate some profit, not as much as a pro would be able to but I think it's been ok.

So, to resume what has happened in the last days: Yesterday I went on a tilt loosing a lil' bit more than half of my bankroll, from the $20 to a miserable $8, mostly because I started playing thing that my current level of poker doesn't allow me to, mostly ZOOM and a few tournaments that I wasn't prepared to play because of my disposition. Today, I reviewed my mistakes of yesterday and decided to go back to the beggining, sitting at the tables with $1 and firing up 4 tables. Following the lessons provided by PSO and adding some readings on my opponents I was able to put my bankroll to an healthy $15, this took me quite a few hours, around 4h of cash game plus 3 more for a 25c 45man tournament which I placed in 4th.

That resumes the last 2 days of excitement at the tables

Old
Fri Jan 10, 2014, 07:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
Hi man, good luck with your challenge! I'd recommended to play SNG $0.25 90 man with such a bankroll. You can play 40-50 per day with a good profit!

Good luck at the tables!

S-G

Old
Sun Jan 12, 2014, 05:26 AM
(#4)
Hey!

Thank you for the tips! Just read your resume of the year. Hope I can have some of those results myself!

Unfortunatelly I can't play 24 tables at the same time like you, cause of my screen size but will for sure buy HM2 once I get some decent earnings.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com