Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

advanced poker books

Old
advanced poker books - Tue Jan 07, 2014, 04:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Hy everyone, I was wondering what advanced book would you recommend for 45man SnGs, and 6-max Zoom. I`m going to watch some great videos here, but what books would you recommend.
Thx

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 08:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
What kind of stakes are you playing?
I ask because you don't really need "advanced" knowledge to beat the micros. That said, just about any poker book written in the past couple of years has some worthwhile content, but videos and training sessions are naturally more up to date with the latest trends.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 04:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Thx Arty, yea I tend to watch more videos and live training, because they are more up to speed of todays play

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 05:02 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
How advanced we talking here?

Applications of No Limit Holdem by Matt Janda is pretty advanced: http://www.amazon.com/Applications-N.../dp/1880685558

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 05:14 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
How advanced we talking here?

Applications of No Limit Holdem by Matt Janda is pretty advanced: http://www.amazon.com/Applications-N.../dp/1880685558
It is indeed.

I bought it, got about twenty pages in, and then considered the fact that I was playing the micros and having 4bet calling ranges in order to not be exploitable wasn't essential in all likely hood. I'll probably go back to it once I have grown my bankroll after a large cash out before Christmas. Once I am looking to move up again.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com