Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Were these bad laydowns?

Old
Were these bad laydowns? - Tue Jan 07, 2014, 07:11 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
After taking a bad beat for a good chunk of my bankroll, ( Tried to protect my hand against draws with a big bet, to which mid pair shoved all in and managed to get a full house on turn and river ), I felt like I was playing a lot tighter, maybe a bit too tight?

I had no real reads on my opponents and these hands happened near consecutively

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 03:13 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
I believe both hands are clear folds, specially the top one.

KK on a Axx board is always a pain, bet/fold is the right line. I do think you should have 2nd barreled the turn and maybe that would have prevented him from going all-in and get a cheap showdown.

Last edited by rkleefstra; Wed Jan 08, 2014 at 03:15 AM..

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 06:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
Good folds, imo. However, it seems (with my current understanding) that only way you could play the first hand is to try it getting it all in, with a 4b, size of ? maybe 1.50 and hoping shove.

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 11:22 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Quaquaversal,

I think these spots could have been avoided. Hand 1, I would try to get it in OTF vs Axclike braveslice mentions. The second hand we could take a x/c line OTF to keep their range wide with PPs and Jx that might fold to a bet OTF and try to get to SD cheaply by calling one street and hoping they would check back.

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 11:55 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Qua,

Please limit 1 hand to a thread in the future, even if they are similar in nature.

Both are certainly folds as played.

KK hand is a check/fold on both the turn and river imo, villain has way too many Ax+ hands in his flop calling range on a dry board to be putting more money in the pot.

QQ I think we should 3b the flop, and hope the villain 4-bets all in. Alternatively we could 3b shove as well which may get looked up by AK thinking we have the nut flush draw. As played we don't have the right price to call trying to improve on the river, so we'd need reads (that say he would bomb turn without a flush) to continue.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com