Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

My 2014 Goals

Old
My 2014 Goals - Tue Jan 07, 2014, 09:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
Hi I'm Rincewind7b and this is my 3rd year as a PSO member.

Having secretly followed most of the goal threads last year I guess it's time for me give it a go

This is my 1st attempt at something like this. I have been playing 2 tables of 1c/2c PLO zoom since the end of December and my goals are based on continuing this throught the year:

1. Play enough volume during each month to reach Silverstar Status
2. Move up to 2c/5c PLO zoom at $150 profit - stepping back down if i lose 10 buy ins
3. Make $1,000 profit for the year
4. Make notes on players and review hands for big pots/tricky spots
5. See if i can 4 table comfortably
6. Watch appropriate videos etc when I feel in the right state of mind to absorb the information.

I've been rather vague with the volume of hands as i feel its best for me to just play when i'm thinking clearly/relaxed and stop when i'm not. Silverstar will be tough to hit with just 2 tables but is nice motivation.

If/when I make the move up and/or add extra tables then I can adjust my goals to fit with the changes.

Good luck to everyone in their personal challenges and may we all have a great 2014!

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 09:15 PM
(#2)
Since I did actually start at the beginning of the year my 1st week progress report looks like:

Profit $30.13 VPPs: 134.45 (thankyou PS for the extra 25!)

A good start which I hope i can continue

Rince.

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2014, 11:21 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Good Luck!!!

PH

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2014, 05:55 PM
(#4)
Halfway through the month and since Sunday things have been going very badly.

Last few days i've lost countless all ins where i was ahead and my opponent has hit his/her outs. I reraise with a great starting hand - some random person calls fishing and hits time and time again.

I think i need to just fold double suited aces pre since i'm losing 90% of the time with them

So overall stats are now:

Profit: $10.36 (including binking $4.65 in a challenge freeroll) VPPS: 266.95

Since I can't even win after flopping flushes/straights and even full houses I'm not sure how to continue

I guess i need to watch some vids and hope the runbad ends soon.

I hope the rest of u are having better luck than me!

Rince

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 05:54 PM
(#5)
Quick update: Up 4 buy-ins today and feeling much better about things

Gl everyone

Rince.

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 06:57 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
Good to see you setting goals & recording results here Rincewind.

I find these things a bit weird myself - but I think nobody is really watching who doesn't have positive thoughts towards your goals. And it is a good motivator to go for the goals you set once publicly announced.

I am sure you will do well mate.

So best of luck

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2014, 05:41 PM
(#7)
Hi Ed. (and PH) thankyou for the support and gl with your goals this year

Rince

Old
Thu Jan 23, 2014, 10:18 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincewind7b View Post

Profit: $10.36

Heyyy, profit is profit!! Very nice haha!!

Will show you my hideous PLO graph if it'll make you feel better lol

Hope the variance turns around for you soon

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 07:19 PM
(#9)
Hi Sam thnx for dropping in

Ok update for Jan:

Profit: $40.86 VPPs: 500.06 yes thats right Silverstar I made it! (with 3hours left in the month lol)

So on the 27th I was fed up with PLO so now I'm playing the hyper satties that are all the rage

Not going to worry too much about Silverstar this month as i'm only playing the smaller sats atm.

I hope we all have a great feb and that both shoulders tell fifi to move up lvls :P

Rince.

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 07:25 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Congrats on profiting for the month and on making SilverStar

Nice one mate!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 02, 2014, 07:26 PM
(#11)
Ty rasier and GL with your goals this year

Rince

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com