Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6max/deep hero vs turn minraise

Old
5NL 6max/deep hero vs turn minraise - Wed Jan 08, 2014, 03:29 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
I am facing a difficult decision on the turn when I get minraised. Always the nuts right?!
Should I fold my overpair?

Villian: 21/11 | 3bet 2,8 | fold3bet 33% | Agg 1,6 } Hands 101
seen playing on more tables. Looks like a reg.

Your thoughts please, thanks people!

(btw, I post winning and loosing hands)

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 03:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
He seems more passive , because of a huge gap between VP and PFR. I think because of deep stacks his hand range is wide and raising OTT in a 3bet pot means a lot of strength . I think he wouldn't raise TT-JJ there, you showed a lot of strength and he isn't aggressive enough to bluff or turn TT-JJ into bluff. As for me it's very hard fold .

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 10:04 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
When V1 calls the original raise and then calls your pretty large 3Bet, his range is heavily weighted towards low-medium pocket pairs, say 22-JJ.

On the flop I think I'd CBet a bit bigger than you did, something like $1.40 as you are multiway and it is more likely that one of them (or even both) will call.

There is a theorem called the Beluga Theorem - if you are raised on the turn, re-evaluate the strength of your one-pair hand (the implication being you should usually fold). Check out Dave's Poker Theorems Lesson for more info

You've got a passive opponent who's range contains a lot of smallish pocket pairs and you've got a low flop. You've bet/raised at every opportunity, showing extreme strength, yet your opponent min raises, seemingly begging for a call and not wanting you to go away. I think he has a set 100% of the time here.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com