Since: Nov 2013

no read on villain
playing zoom

PF:
- 3bet villain as his minbet to steal from the button seems weak

Flop:
- cbet middle pair w/ flush draw. called minraise

Turn:
- played chk/raise shove to maximize my equity for a flush draw or boat and my current set

Question:
Was my check raise shove on the turn correct?
Could have I played it much better?

Last edited by kalahwang; Wed Jan 08, 2014 at 04:04 AM..

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 04:31 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello,
My first reaction on the T OTT was "wow, such a great card" , but after looking it more deeper I think it's the worst card it turned sets and JT into boats and you are drawing to just 3 outs or if he's got JJ are drawing dead . you are ahead just to over pairs but which over pairs would play that way? so if you look on the hand that way, what would you do OTT?

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 11:15 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi kalahwang,

I think we got good enough equity, I would say something like ~65% to justify x/shoving the turn, against hands that would take that line: {QQ, JJ, 77, AhKh, AhQh, spews with AJ/KJ, JTs, 98s}. We need to be good 40% here with our money and because they bet the turn so big I think its also less likely that they would have a full house. So I think I like the play.

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 11:58 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichi-77 View Post
Hello,
My first reaction on the T OTT was "wow, such a great card" , but after looking it more deeper I think it's the worst card it turned sets and JT into boats and you are drawing to just 3 outs or if he's got JJ are drawing dead . you are ahead just to over pairs but which over pairs would play that way? so if you look on the hand that way, what would you do OTT?

I was thinking on the same line as Geovarta that he won't play a boat that way since it's almost the nuts and so he has to give me a good price to call with my draws and pairs as the line of min raise OTF and potsize on the turn is quite strong.

How does both of us playing both around 150 BB should have affected my play?

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 01:34 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalahwang View Post
I was thinking on the same line as Geovarta that he won't play a boat that way since it's almost the nuts and so he has to give me a good price to call with my draws and pairs as the line of min raise OTF and potsize on the turn is quite strong.

How does both of us playing both around 150 BB should have affected my play?
As for me charging draws OTT is a good idea , you won't pay anything OTR with missed draw. but I don't think his bet size is good there . you shoved interest in the hand so he is trying to get value . but even now I think your hand would have more equity without the T OTT.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com