Trips on flop, top kicker, 4handed 5NL Zoom - Wed Jan 08, 2014, 07:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013

unknown villains

Pre:
UTG bets 3BB
MP+1 calls
SB calls
Hero () calls (10 cents for a 60 cent pot)

Flop
Really good flop.

SB checks
Hero decides to check b/c its a good flop to cbet, so I expected a cbet from the early villains . A donkbet would have looks very strong.
UTG bets 70%pot
MP calls
SB folds
Hero overbets pot, 1.4 times the pot, hoping to make it look like a bluf.
UTG folds
MP shoves...

Is this a call?

First he flatcalls UTG 4 handed, than shoves on a check-raise. Does MP ever has less than A8?
Any (nut-)flushdraws, straightdraws play like this?
I'm hoping for their sake, overpairs don't play like this...

Last edited by rkleefstra; Wed Jan 08, 2014 at 08:06 AM..

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 07:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Fold pre.

As played i think our flop sizing is a tad large. We can make it $1.50 or so and still be able to shove OTT for less than a PSB.

We are never folding this flop.

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 07:39 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Fold pre.
Wow, did not expect that. I would never ever fold this pre but I just did some calculations:
Suppose 2 villains have a good A and one has a PP, I have 6% equity
Suppose 1 villain has an A and two have pp : 6% equity
Suppose 1 villain has an A, 1 pp and a suitedconn : 8% equity

Nowhere near the 17% I need. Got to remember this #Eyeopener !

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 07:43 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Yep and we have reverse implied odds if we hit an ace. I'd rather call with 43s here than A8o

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 07:53 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Yep and we have reverse implied odds if we hit an ace. I'd rather call with 43s here than A8o
Nah, if we hit an A, our hand is still garbage, not worth a single call. We would need at least 2p to continue (cautiously).

But you are right, fold pre. Man, that's why I'm leaking in the BB so much...

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 11:26 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
What birdayy says It's pretty tempting to call with an Ace from the blind with such a cheap price into the pot. But I'd rather very much have them sooooted My first instinct was to actually lead out OTF because its somewhat connected and might get checked through and we miss a betting round. Obviously want to get my money in here OTF.

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 11:42 AM
(#7)
So glad you both agree on getting the money in at this point ! (Besides the preflop mistake)

I did call. He had 99 for a boat.

I hit my 1-outer on the river! Weeeeeeee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com